NK Maribor vs. Spurs - 25/10/12 - Europa League.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if avb moans about tired players at any stage this season, he'll look a bit of a cunt.
I know it's almost a crime to criticise AVB, but I have to say that one or two of his team selections and his repeated use of the same players for all competitions has me raising and eyebrow or two. Loads of people were giving Redknapp shit last year for using the same squad in our PL games again and again, yet AVB seems to be doing that and then using them in cup games. I'm worried that the tactical adaption and squad rotation that AVB was said to be brining doesn't actually exist. When questions like that appear you have to wonder how much of an upgrade AVB is on Redknapp.

I guess time will tell, but at this rate, I fear he is going to wear out players like Defoe, Sandro and Vertonghen.

I think we've seen some of the tactical adaptation he brings already Smoked, however I too am extremely worried about the lack of rotation showed so far...

1351189414038.gif

I know it's almost a crime to criticise AVB, but I have to say that one or two of his team selections and his repeated use of the same players for all competitions has me raising and eyebrow or two. Loads of people were giving Redknapp shit last year for using the same squad in our PL games again and again, yet AVB seems to be doing that and then using them in cup games. I'm worried that the tactical adaption and squad rotation that AVB was said to be brining doesn't actually exist. When questions like that appear you have to wonder how much of an upgrade AVB is on Redknapp.

I guess time will tell, but at this rate, I fear he is going to wear out players like Defoe, Sandro and Vertonghen.
Well, Kaboul is injured. Benoit is injured. Adebayor has a slight injury. Naughton just came back from injury. Starting to look like Parker will never make another appearance for us. Dembele is injured.

Hasn't been much of a chance for rotation, yet.

Well, Kaboul is injured. Benoit is injured. Adebayor has a slight injury. Naughton just came back from injury. Starting to look like Parker will never make another appearance for us. Dembele is injured.

Take this game for example. Couldn't Livermore have started over Sandro, Smith over Walker? Even Dempsey up top to give Defoe a rest was an option.

Adebayor has been available for plenty of games. This idea that he is still not match fit is a fallacy IMO. He may have a slight knock today, but there have been several matches he was available for.

Plus, as EssexYid points out, Sandro could've been rested (although has has been quite good fro what I've seen in the second half). Livermore is available. Dempsey could have filled in for Defoe. There are options to give players a rest. Possible some of the younger players would've been more up for this.

On a bright note lads, Caulker looks the real deal! He's reading the game incredibly well, snuffing out danger left right and center when we're a little off balance.

The worst is that even playing our best we aren't winning these games. If we're going to get bounced from the Europa league anyway AVB might as well give them a rest.

Back
Top Bottom