Non England International Call ups

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always felt it odd not to have a place where we can easily see where Spurs players are being called up by their nations where it's non English players - whether it's because we like to see our players rewarded by international callups or to see which of our players might be fatigued by playing international matches.

First up -

Mixed news - Lo Celso misses out as he was injured in the last round of international matches having arrived at Spurs unfit due to playing for Argentina in the Copa America.

No Gazzaniga call up either

Let's see who have players from the "Top 2" have to withdraw because they're "not ready".

Don't get me wrong, the directive that makes players report to the International camp is a good thing but do I believe that certain teams industries are able to exert influence over the game time of key players. F*CK YES.

Whats the betting he puts in a mammoth performance for 90 minutes in both matches for the national team?

On a by the by it always amuses me to see Martin Braithwaite and Thomas Delaney playing for Denmark. All these Scandi names then two gloriously English/Irish names. Fair play but a bit stand out.

On a by the by it always amuses me to see Martin Braithwaite and Thomas Delaney playing for Denmark. All these Scandi names then two gloriously English/Irish names. Fair play but a bit stand out.

Thwaite and Braithwaite comes from old norse/Danish and reflects the Viking reign over the northern part of Britain a thousand years ago......

So not solely 'English' ! (English is of course a mongrel language with lots of roots including norse/danish)

Delaney has both an Irish origin and a Norman one De Laney - and normans originally again come from Viking settlers....!

Thwaite and Braithwaite comes from old norse/Danish and reflects the Viking reign over the northern part of Britain a thousand years ago......

So not solely 'English' ! (English is of course a mongrel language with lots of roots including norse/danish)

Delaney has both an Irish origin and a Norman one De Laney - and normans originally again come from Viking settlers....!
Thanks for that!

Ndombele and Sissoko called up by France again.

Lo Celso and Foyth called up for Argentina (but not Lamela or Gazzaniga)

Davies called up for Wales.

Apparently Mick McCarthy has confirmed he will get his debut vs NZ

Don't know if that's as a starter or off the bench.

Republic of Ireland are rated by FIFA as 30th and New Zealand at 121

So in theory Ireland should easily win

Can see Ireland giving him minutes in the 2nd half when Ireland expect to be ahead.

But it's a friendly so nothing hangs on it

Republic of Ireland are rated by FIFA as 30th and New Zealand at 121

So in theory Ireland should easily win

Can see Ireland giving him minutes in the 2nd half when Ireland expect to be ahead.

But it's a friendly so nothing hangs on it
Agree.

I'd like to seem him get at least 30 mins, even if it's 0-0. as you say nothing hangs on it.

Our old pal Vincent Janssen has been called up for the provisional squad for the Dutch national team's up coming Nations League games.

Bergwijn also in it.

Back
Top Bottom