Non Home Grown Quota

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There have been a lot of references to how this may affect who we buy in the next window. I'm not sure we are as bad in the non homegrown department than some make out.
Based on the presumption that vorm and verts leave when their contracts expire I have it that we are only at 14 of the 17 spots. And that includes the likes of foyth and Lamela could be sold. Davies is homegrown for the premier league.
So I have
Loris gaz
Aurier Toby sanchez foyth dier
Glc tanguy sissoko Bergwin Lamela son Moura

Gedson will be an under 21 player so doesn't count.

With foyth likely to go also at a minimum from that group there is likely to be 4 slots, maybe 5 if Lamela is sold. A lot depends on European qualification also. Davies would also be added in that scenario.

There have been a lot of references to how this may affect who we buy in the next window. I'm not sure we are as bad in the non homegrown department than some make out.
Based on the presumption that vorm and verts leave when their contracts expire I have it that we are only at 14 of the 17 spots. And that includes the likes of foyth and Lamela could be sold. Davies is homegrown for the premier league.
So I have
Loris gaz
Aurier Toby sanchez foyth dier
Glc tanguy sissoko Bergwin Lamela son Moura

Gedson will be an under 21 player so doesn't count.

With foyth likely to go also at a minimum from that group there is likely to be 4 slots, maybe 5 if Lamela is sold. A lot depends on European qualification also. Davies would also be added in that scenario.

If your numbers are correct that's welcome, but things are gonna get tighter when the foreign player rules are affected by Brexit. In that respect we'll need more HG, even if not less overseas.

Last edited:
Their is another issue however that the PL and FA are looking over the homegrown quota since they are feeling the push from the government to tighten it for Brexit. So I think multiple clubs are gonna have to look over their foreign rosters.

Their is another issue however that the PL and FA are looking over the homegrown quota since they are feeling the push from the government to tighten it for Brexit. So I think multiple clubs are gonna have to look over their foreign rosters.

......And we thought English players were an over-priced rip off already! :mourweird:

Thing is unless you apply some kind of HG ruling to the actual match-day XI, we'll just see more Rodwell > City token signings whilst a club can still field a fully foreign XI.

Based on the presumption that vorm and verts leave
Assuming Foyth also leaves
EPLECL
NON-HG (13)NON-HG (15)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2GAZZANIGAGAZZANIGA2
3AURIERAURIER3
4ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD4
5SANCHEZSANCHEZ5
6DIERDIER6
7SISSOKOSISSOKO7
8NDOMBELENDOMBELE8