Norwich (A) - Final game of the season - 22/05 - 4pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OMG she did it!

She posted a private tweet of her fiddling herself to the champions league music and I swear down I am NOT joking.

Not posting here as a) it’s a private tweet so you need to follow her, and b) don’t want admin banning my bitch ass.

Her twitter handle is @bellathfc

:hugoshock:
Post in the female appreciation thread.

It's simple to me....

In instances of a draw the award should go to whoever has the most goals non-Pen goals.

2 winners is crap.
Counting pens for a golden boot is just dumb anyway. I remember how everyone just laughed off kane's world cup golden boot for 3 of them being penalties , 1 that went off his butt and only 2 goals that he actually meant to score.

Counting pens for a golden boot is just dumb anyway. I remember how everyone just laughed off kane's world cup golden boot for 3 of them being penalties , 1 that went off his butt and only 2 goals that he actually meant to score.

I think there's merit to scoring pens, so take no issue with it (just ask Rashford, Sancho & Saka); I just find the notion of joined winners lame.

I think there's merit to scoring pens, so take no issue with it (just ask Rashford, Sancho & Saka); I just find the notion of joined winners lame.
As rules for a tie breaker could be set in different ways like which one had the most assists, then Son would have lost out. Taking that into consideration its all been fair and Im happy for Sonny.

That wouldn't sit well with me, as assists is a different discipline to scoring goals.

(Genuinely not trying to twist things to benefit Sonny's here, btw.)
Thats how world cup golden boots are decided though, if multiple players are on the same goals. All things considered, it seems fair and most importantly doesnt affect anything.

As rules for a tie breaker could be set in different ways like which one had the most assists, then Son would have lost out. Taking that into consideration its all been fair and Im happy for Sonny.
The award is about scoring goals, not providing assists, which has its own award.

There is merit to scoring penalties but it is common sense that

1) the penalty scorer often has no involvement with the actual penalty
2) penalties are practically free goals with an xG of around .75-.80 for the top players
3) There is little variation in the success of different penalty takers. Even poor takers who only score 60% of pens will get 3 free goals for every 5 pens. So being good at pens doesn’t even matter if you are the taker… you’ll get free goals, it’s just a matter of one or two extra.

Non pen goals as a tiebreaker makes way more sense.

Can you imagine if son had taken 7 penalties and Salah 0? If son scored 5 he’s still at 28 goals and salah is at 16. Not even close!

Is a simple tap in a yard from goal into an open net worth more in this context than the ice-cold-blood-in-your-veins needed to score (for example) a penalty in the dying minutes in a high-pressure match?
The difference between a 1 yard tap in and a penalty is that over the course of the season, on aggregate, forwards and/or strikers that score a lot of goals all get their fair share of tap-in chances. So it more or less evens out by the end of the season.

Penalties on the other hand is determined by manager selection. There is one de facto penalty taker that gets all the opportunities.

And it's absolutely stupid to think that a player like Son wouldn't score at least 60-70% of his opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom