Norwich (A) - Final game of the season - 22/05 - 4pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we lose this, I’m gonna shag a canary
You're spoilt for choice.
aJBBEW5.jpg

Please no red card

Remember that dreadful game at Bournemouth 2019, we battered them but still 0-0 then Son got a red on HT, and then Foyth too start of 2nd half. Lost to an added time goal. Fluked 4th spot after Hughton's Brighton got a result at Goons. Was convinced we'd blown it.
I was watching that in Brighton... It was the same weekend as their food festival on the Promenade...

Thought it was gonna be the 'perfect' weekend... Then Spurs happened (early kick off too, if I remember correctly?)

Have learned again and again not to take ANYTHING for granted, regardless of how well things seem to be teed up!

We take Sunday as seriously, and treat Norwich with as much respect as if it were a game at ANY other stage of the season...

Yes, we ARE a better team when you consider the whole season...
We just need to make sure we are THE better team on the day... There's the difference between what I fear we've done in previous seasons in similar situations... to THIS season.

Conte will be the difference!

Mad that if this game was any other time of the season, we'd be confident of a big win, but because it's the final game with the potential long term future of our club hanging on the result, we are all bricking it.

Mad that if this game was any other time of the season, we'd be confident of a big win, but because it's the final game with the potential long term future of our club hanging on the result, we are all bricking it.

I'm actually not worried. The big financial bonuses on offer should be enough to focus the players minds, and if that wasn't enough, there is the Conte factor.

No way in hell he allows them to lose focus now.

Pacos away. Vitesse. Brighton. Middlesbrough. Burnley away. Wolves. Southampton.

Why wouldn't you be nervous?

Pacos away. Vitesse. Brighton. Middlesbrough. Burnley away. Wolves. Southampton.

Why wouldn't you be nervous?
Because they're ALL better than Norwich
And in a lot of those games we put out weaker sides.

If we don't have Moura, Winks, TND, Gio, Gil, Dele playing we'll be fine.

Norwich are truly awful.

They use Norwich Badges for positive reactions and Ipswich Town badges for negative reactions? how cute!
If we did the same and used that lot down the road's badge, then I won't be responsible for my actions if someone gave me a disagree. As it stands, IF someone does disagree with me, then I can pretend that it's a kiss;)

Really? In 3 months I learned how to
  1. operate and maintain 4 section weapons,
  2. Fire them with accuracy
  3. How to fire an anti tank rocket (without soiling myself in the process)
  4. Prepare and throw grenades (as above)
  5. every part of the British army drill manual (less funeral drill),
  6. Bull boots
  7. Press and clean military uniforms for parades
  8. how to pass the army basic fitness test,
  9. the army battlefield fitness test,
  10. defend a position,
  11. assault a position,
  12. Organise and effect an ambush at night
  13. battlefield first aid,
  14. NBC drills,
  15. close quarter combat drills,
  16. urban warfare
and how to find the troop OC's fucking dog when it knobbed off.

I would have felt more than confident in taking on an Egyptian street kid and ponce from Madeira

PS - I wasn't even in the feckin' infantry - I was going to be a radio engineer in the Royal Signals
Playing "call of duty" for 3 months isn't the same

Last edited:
If we did the same and used that lot down the road's badge, then I won't be responsible for my actions if someone gave me a disagree. As it stands, IF someone does disagree with me, then I can pretend that it's a kiss;)
you are true inspiration to kindness in our ranks!

Because they're ALL better than Norwich
And in a lot of those games we put out weaker sides.

If we don't have Moura, Winks, TND, Gio, Gil, Dele playing we'll be fine.

Norwich are truly awful.
I'd put a tenner on Dele, Gio, Gil and N'Dombele not starting for us on Sunday. Not even on the bench, imho.

Back
Top Bottom