Norwich (A) - Final game of the season - 22/05 - 4pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son denied certain hat trick and top scorer of season* by ref inexplicably blowing full time whistle early. Spurs must file a complaint.

*You know what I mean

Conte is a magician. Back with the Elite where this club belongs. So pleased for all our fans and everyone on this forum. It's been like we have been in a coma for 2 years. Can see some huge signings now and I wouldn't put it past us to challenge again

CL via a 5-0 masterclass. Sonny gets the Golden Boot. The gooners have properly bottled it and play Europa and Burnley are relegated because they're shite.

Haha! Extra beer and I'm taking tomorrow off.

We've had some wild and weird seasons, but I think this was the most topsy turvy I can remember.

Lessons learned:
  • Nothing more valuable in this sport than having a world class manager, the ultimate differentiator. What Conte has done without a preseason, with minimal purchases, and in only six months is arguably a better testament to his quality than any title he's won.
  • World class goalscorers > Squad depth. Look at our squad versus Woolwich's, having the quality and consistency Kane and Son bring up top was the difference makers. Two absolute club legends and as good as anyone in the league.
  • January investment can change a season. The little bit of extra quality that Bentancur and Kulusevski injected into this side pushed us over the top and it was poetic to see them get a combined 2g/2a today. Massive credit to Paratici.
What a fucking last few weeks, Woolwich collapse down stretch, we better them by a record number at home. Just beautiful times and I have to admit, I truly never saw it coming. Football!

Big summer now, let's get it done. Should be fun!

Back
Top Bottom