Norwich away (League cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One up front every game. remember when we played there last season and bale had that free role. really think AVB lost the plot on the subs Defoe on in 90 mins no Lennon second half to run at them there left back was knackerd Dempsey stayed on Huddlestone came on and looked in quick sand and Vertonghen came on in Midfield :harrylol:

Its not really the fact that we are out that has pissed me off so much, its the lackadaisical manner of the performance, there was just no drive, especially in the first half.

Got what we deserved. Fuck all.

Too much fannying about playing wee sideways passes. As much penetration as a fucking eunuch. Too many out there didn't look like they give a massive shite. When you play for my fucking team, AT LEAST LOOK INTERESTED!!!

AVBs substitutions haven't been glorious so far either. Lets get three up next time before going all defensive. Cos we can't actually defend.

Finally, is there some kind of fucking embargo I don't know about concerning corner kick training. Our corners have been shit since the nineties and I can't remember the last time we defended one without looking like pissed up strangers playing human dodgems.

I am very fucking far from impressed. Need to sleep this one off a bit I think. FUUUUUUCCCKKK!!!!

Agree with Sammy there. We always seem to step up in tough games, whereas it's the games were supposed to be winning where we don't do so well.

Yeah we've had that syndrome before. Glad to say it only seems to rear its head in the cups. I dont count WBA and Norwich home, as bad results in that respect, as they were too early.

Every game I have seen Dempsey play in, I just want him subbed. I'd much rather have Huddlestone and Falque on the pitch rather than Dempsey and Gylfi. It's just my opinion though. I find Dempsey to frustrating to watch, as I know he is such a class player, but just hasn't worked for us yet.

Dempsey can be an incredibly frustrating player to watch. As an American, I've followed him with the national team for years now and always focused on him if a Fulham game happened to be on TV. Even at his best he does flit in and out of games but he is one of those guy who always seems to be lurking in the right spot at the pivotal time. The prime example of that would be his Man United goal this year. Also, he very rarely doesn't finish when he gets the chance.

Having said all of that, he has not looked good for us so far this year. He is a man without a true position which leads to much of his inconsistency and I can tell you he certainly is not a lone striker. He can play two striker system as he often does with the USA but up top alone doesn't really fit him.

I think he is also in his own head a bit at the moment. He is a suuuuper competitive guy and has become accustomed to playing a high level and I think he is frustrated with his initial inability to settle and he looks a bit frustrated. I would also add that my only qualm with AVB's tactics so far is how the CAMs have played. They don't seem to know their role or exactly what they are supposed to be doing.

Jeez, I came to this site / forum because I thought it wasn't full of moaning bitch arse's.
Yep, it's a shit result, but man the fuck up.
OK, when competing in all four competitions we don't have the depth of teams like City, Utd, ****ski, but it will come if we all get behind it as a club instead of slating players coming through the ranks!
Positives - away crowd sounded awesome! :)

Jeez, I came to this site / forum because I thought it wasn't full of moaning bitch arse's.
OK, when competing in all four competitions we don't have the depth of teams like City, Utd, ****ski, but it will come if we all get behind it as a club instead of slating players coming through the ranks!
RUN!!! I can only hold back the hordes for so long! ;)

Downside - There's one less cup for us to win this season!

Upside - We can now ramp up our efforts in the league and Europe!

We HAVE to get that CL spot this season. For me its the most important thing for Tottenham at this time.

We were strong enough to outplay Norwich for 94 minutes, but still lost, and missed a penalty with two minutes left, two minutes after they took the lead.

This is my angry place.

29370344.jpg

So we get knocked out the league cup at an away game we should probably have won. Fuck it, it's done now. We're actually still doing pretty well so far this season.

JDK JDK I suppose it's just giving him time to settle and find his feet in the Tottenham XI.

Yeah I mean I think as a fan of football or any sport its frustrating to not see things work right away but unfortunately sometimes time is the only cure. At least that is what I keep telling myself with Sig and Dempsey

Back
Top Bottom