Norwich away (League cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry, but you cant boss a game like that and then not be bitterly disappointed to come away without the result. No killer instinct tonight at all.

The Woolwich / Scum results this round have no bearing on our performance directly but when you see the desire to win that the 4 teams in those game have shown.... I'm just left shaking my head.

Role on 1882 I guess.

The more I think about this game, the more I think there was just one player missing.

323917_1.jpg

Defensively Caulker is good and we all love Dawson (well I do anyway). But where was the leader on the pitch today?

We need to spend in January. Gylfi/Dempsey is okay backup only. Dembele has been very impressive so far, but we need another player who can open up defences. And I agree about Falque. He should be ahead of both :gylfi: and :dempsey:.

And what's with all the sideways and backwards passes? No point in keeping the ball if we don't do anything constructive with it. I really hope this "let's sit back and defend a one-goal lead" is a mental issue with the players and not something AVB tells them to do :bmj:

The last 10 minutes of games are really fucking us good this season. It's disheartening but doesn't lead me to question much. I'm hoping that AVB gets it figured out... I was about ready to throw my computer across the office while watching today.

At least it's just the league cup!!

Well i just got back from the game... Deep joy

1) Dempsey cannot play up front on his own, he is not going to lead the line but to be fair he also only had scraps to work off
2) If we are to play this formation then the 3 in the middle of the park must all be classy and used to it. Thats no slight on those who played, just an observation - second half THud dropped deep and Sigs / Tom played ten yards up the pitch which was a lot better. No Dembele / Sandro = indecision and lack of movement
3) No one can take a fucking corner
And the worst... And you all know this one
4) Bringing on a holding player to hold a lead AGAIN... In this case a centrehalf who has never played there for Spurs. Negative move which threw the game away. AVB has done this too many times now and weve got lucky before

Normally i wouldnt be too pissed off after losing a CurlyWurly Cup game but we should have won it. Not happy

Normally i wouldnt be too pissed off after losing a CurlyWurly Cup game but we threw that away. Not happy

I get this statement.. My hope is that we're still learning to gel as a team and that this situation will be a good learning experience - for both the players as well as AVB & his tactics

Last few games we just been lucky Maribor and Saints like Stag says its also about big decisions in games subs from AVB and he looks a bit lost i know most fans are with what happens

I get this statement.. My hope is that we're still learning to gel as a team and that this situation will be a good learning experience - for both the players as well as AVB & his tactics

I hope so mate but every game we bring on that holding midfielder and then brown our pants for the next 20 mins hoping we dont concede. The only reason he didnt bring Livermore on is cos he'd already taken him off

What so your suggesting we give the ball to the opposition so they can entertain us? ffs!
My suggestion is playing a more direct style and putting more players into the box. The back four are not going to score any goals passing the ball between each other. We don't have the players to carefully thread our way across the field in 63 moves.

We've won 2 out of 6 games in October. Looking at November's fixtures I can't see it getting better.

Sorry :(

November is definitely going to spell out where we stand as a team. I noticed Adebayor not even on the bench again today - is it an injury, is he not in the right mind, is he out of shape? All the stories are pretty ambiguous. That situation has me worried. If Defoe gets injured we are fucked in every direction.

Back
Top Bottom