Norwich away (League cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winnable trophy? Norwich?! :roflmao:
Why not? Brum won it the seasons they got relegated, admittedly they didn't have to face anyone up to our standards to do so, but nonetheless, a little luck and who knows?

Even Liverpool managed to scrape together enough last season, just edging Cardiff in the final, so why not?

I'd put Norwich above any of the finalists in the last two years. :adegrin:

I'll be in the city from about 1.30 tomorrow. Nice local one for me.

Norwich will make changes so it won't be their strongest XI, they have a winnable home game in the league on Saturday and staying up is their priority. I expect us to as well, but think we should still have enough to beat them.

I'm going. I don't think it's sold out. Now they've put on an extra train back to London, I'll be drinking and not driving.

:bae:

I'll be in the city from about 1.30 tomorrow. Nice local one for me.

Norwich will make changes so it won't be their strongest XI, they have a winnable home game in the league on Saturday and staying up is their priority. I expect us to as well, but think we should still have enough to beat them.

We should be at the pub for about 6ish in Norwich. YidoBuckler YidoBuckler I think the pub for away fans is called the 'Compleat Angler' opposite the station? That right?

@@8colespurs8 Yep, there is that pub literally opposite the station. There is also a Weatherspoons (Queen of Iceni) a few minutes walk from the station which a few Spurs will probably be. No idea where I will be or what state I'll be in come 6ish.

Be wary, the trains to Norwich around 4pm-5pm are usually packed!

Edit, why didn't the tag work??

No television coverage, just highlight on wednesday!

Apparently Norwich's side are going to be severely weakened according to Mr Hughton :smesh: .

MIND GAMES.... don't fall for it, they'll still be more 'up for it' than our first team, who may well consider this to be an inconvenience of a competition... (so a bit like the Europa League, but without all the glamour & air-miles then!)

Lol at the negative rep, seemed a little harsh. Probably for using 'I think' when clearly you didn't!

That or Case, having gone to the effort of having a little drop down thingy so that match threads can be labelled, decided that you have failed to make full use. He's put a call in to windy already Pyro, better sharpen your bullets.

As for the game, prob best to wait for team news before going loco on suggested formations etc. Norwich are no push over though and may well play a strong team as they probably see this as a 'winnable' trophy.

Oh well, there's always the FA and Europa Cup........
Who the fuck neg reps a match thread

1276582986037.gif

Can't predict the score but I'm saying Spurs will be shit in one half of the game. Southampton and Europa style.

I'd go with:
:lloris:
Smith :dawsonwtf: Caulker :naughton:
:hudd:Livermore
Townsend :gylfi: :bale2:
:defoe2:

Lennon, Sandro, Walker and Vertonghen are in desperate need of a rest. Bale just had a good week off and Adebayor is probably not fit enough to play. More than likely, AVB will go with: Lloris - Walker - Caulker - Dawson - Vertonghen: Jake - Huddle : Lennon - Sig - Bale: Defoe.

1-2 win.

Back
Top Bottom