Norwich away (League cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the 4th game (I think) that we've threw away a 1-0 lead. We haven't even produced a good whole 90 minutes of football. Even when we beat Reading 3-1, one of our best performances, we where still shitting ourselves at 2-0 when the 2nd half started.

You can say knee jerking or whatever but its worrying that every time we are winning, we keep bringing on holding midfielders and inviting pressure.

Adebayour was sick so take from what u want from that also his Twitter is closed now so somthing going on behind the scene.Big fall out comes to mind and he wants out how much a week is he on now ? like i say would love to see Defoe and him start up front for once what has happend to attacking football from us i think the chant should be we want our Tottenham back sat.Well done to young tom c tonight by the way he just come in the first team out the blue tonight he has not had a look in under AVB

Its times like this when I wish we got Moutinho :(

Livermore, Huddlestone and Carroll not good enough for a starting place. All three of them need a loan somewhere, playing a few cup games and coming of the bench for 5 minutes will do them no good.

Its times like this when I wish we got Moutinho :(

Livermore, Huddlestone and Carroll not good enough for a starting place. All three of them need a loan somewhere, playing a few cup games and coming of the bench for 5 minutes will do them no good.

I seem to agree with everything you say fella.

We also need a centreforward who can hold the ball up. That Adebayor bloke from last year looked tidy, maybe we should sign him? :adestare::bmj:

I seem to agree with everything you say fella.

We also need a centreforward who can hold the ball up. That Adebayor bloke from last year looks tidy, maybe we should sign him? :adestare::bmj:
I'm just royally pissed off. We've played enough shit teams already this season to completely dick on and yet we either crumble or just about hang on.

:parker:

Didn't bother watching the game, so not really upset.

We seemingly tried to win, we took the game seriously but we lost away to Prem team.....we'll lose away to others.....

Keep the faith.

Adebayour was sick so take from what u want from that also his Twitter is closed now so somthing going on behind the scene.Big fall out comes to mind and he wants out how much a week is he on now ? like i say would love to see Defoe and him start up front for once what has happend to attacking football from us i think the chant should be we want our Tottenham back sat.Well done to young tom c tonight by the way he just come in the first team out the blue tonight he has not had a look in under AVB
verbal_diarrhea_mug-p1689908134145638922obv9_210.jpg

Was there tonight.

Great away support (in terms of numbers), considering it's a mid-week game away from home in a cup many (rightly or wrongly) don't care about. Atmosphere was good too really.

In terms of the football. Still don't get this sit back and allow to be attacked plan? And corners were absolutely diabolical. Agree with Bale should have taken it, maybe even Jan...not that he should have been on the pitch

Also, hearing/reading Lloris made a mistake or something for their 2nd goal? Although in general apart from that he did have a good game. Plus we've got Dawson, Caulker and Jan at the back. 3 big lads, and none of them managed to head it clear?!

Also, hearing/reading Lloris made a mistake or something for their 2nd goal? Although in general apart from that he did have a good game. Plus we've got Dawson, Caulker and Jan at the back. 3 big lads, and none of them managed to head it clear?!

I saw a headline saying it was Lloris' goalkeeping blunder. Not the way I saw it at all after replays and everything. He was lucky to parry it away I thought. Holt jumped right over Verts for the first header even with Jan grabbing him significantly. Shocking display on offensive and defensive free kicks tonight.

Not really his (Lloris') fault. Did well to parry the header, it fell right at the feet of an opposing player, who slammed it in.

Look.. We were the far better side for 75-80 minutes, they had a good spell and got lucky (twice). However, that does not change the fact that we only won 2 out of 6 in October or that we are shit at defending set pieces (and attacking too for that matter). That part that has me worried though is that, without Adebayor and Dembélé, we seem to depend completely on Lennon and Bale and that, my friends, won't get us very far over 38 games (since both are due an injury). Also, we have a few players who seem very unmotivated in the cups..

I'm willing to give AVB the season, and the lads, but surely we can agree that we are capable of better performances? AVB has done good, but he can do better. Shoot me now, please.

Unless we change dictating the game into something more tangible then we will continue to throw games away. I have no problem with our approach at all, in fact it often seems to suit us (with players missing) but there doesn't seem to be anyone aside from Bale actually taking a position of authority.

At a goal up we never, ever look like holding the lead. When we have, the final whistle has been greeted with relief, and that is something that has cost us points against Norwich and West Brom already and now a place in a quarter final of a competition that is Woolwich or Chelsea's now.

AVB needs to have more faith in us killing games off than reverting to a defensive formation and relinquishing possession so often.

Wigan becomes an even bigger game now.

I cant understand why he continues to make negative substitutions when we are in control of the game.... Lets hope last night the penny dropped.

edit... Which i see has already been pointed out

Just feels like we're missing a bit of killer instinct at the moment, when we're up by a goal I'd love to see us go for the jugular and fucking tear the opposition a new one.

Easier said than done I know, and all things considered we were the better team last night but it's all feeling a bit lacklustre right now.

I'm behind AVB ( :avbdamn:Cheeky) , and it's Spurs so of course we're going do it the hard way - how about we get Falque in the team for Wigan and beat the shit out of them on Saturday?
:avbscream:

What frustrates me is that Woolwich can play like cunts for 45 minutes and come back and win a game, we can play like cunts for 5 minutes and lose.

Back
Top Bottom