Norwich City (A.K.A Inbred FC) v Tottenham - 02/02/2016 - 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’re up against Delia Smith’s pride and joy, Norwich City. Here's hoping that we cook up a storm over Norfolk (;););)) and give them a good roasting.

Here's a Norwich joke:

I've just seen a Norwich version of "Back To The Future". Unlike the original, Marty McFly can't resist the advances of his mother, so he ends up fucking her.

Then he travels back in time.

Here are some fun facts about Norwich:
  1. Norwich is home to two Nazi dogs (intel courtesy of Alan Partridge).
    alan.jpg
  2. If Hitler had successfully invaded Britain, he planned to make his victory speech at Norwich City Hall (intel, again, courtesy of Alan).
  3. Norwich has the largest open market in the UK.
  4. Former Labour MP, Dr Ian Gibson claimed that people in Norfolk are sicker because they are inbred.
  5. Norwich has one of the lowest crime rates in Britain (probably because everyone is too busy at home shagging their mums/sisters and dads/brothers).
  6. It has a population of 213,166.
  7. Former Labour MP, Ed Balls was born in Norwich and was made Chairman of Norwich City in December 2015.

374798.jpg

Here’s a bit of pre match analysis:

We came out as 3-0 winners at home on Boxing Day with two goals from Kane and one from Tom Carroll. Spurs vs Norwich City Match Centre - 26 Dec 2015 - tottenhamhotspur.com

Norwich are currently 17th with 23 points, 2 off the drop.

Top Scorer: Nathan Redmond and Jonny Howson. Both on 4. Yep, that’s right. 4 goals after 23 games.

Redders_1783550a.jpg

Danger man: I’d go with Redmond. He has pace and is the most likely candidate to score. We’re being reuinited with Bassong again and he’s one of their better players (which says a lot). But you never know. He might be extra pumped up as it’s against us.

Norwich’s Last 5 Fixtures: LLLLW

Liverpool (H) 4-5
Bournemouth (A) 3-0
Stoke City (A) 3-1
Manchester City (H) 0-3

Southampton (H) 1-0

They were unlucky to lose against Liverpool last weekend but conceded 5 at home. They managed to score 4 but seeing as we have the best defensive record in the league, I can’t see that happening again.

They have conceded 13 goals in the last 4 games so have clearly got some issues at the back. They’re going to know that we’re good defensively (it still feels strange to say that!) so I think it’s safe to say that they’re going to park the bus for this one and counter with the surprising amount of pace they have in their squad. It’s going to a be a game where we have the vast majority of the possession but will have to work hard to create chances in the final third.

January Transfer Window

Norwich have been busier than most this month; bringing in Swiss centre back Timm Klose, ex-Everton forward Steven Naismith, Matt Jarvis from Wet Spam, 18 year old midfielder Ben Godfrey from York City and 26 year old right back Ivo Pinto from Dynamo Zagreb.

Naismith is one of those players that has the potential to have ‘worldie’ one week and then go missing for a month; so he’s a potential threat. His hat-trick against Chelsea is evidence of this.

Jarvis is an alright player but Spam letting him go tells you all you need to know.

Godfrey looks like a player for the future. Hasn’t played a great deal of first team football and is going straight into their academy.

Pinto is there to provide depth to the squad by the looks of it. He hasn't done a great deal with his career but seems to be chuffed with his move to the Premier League, even if he has to live in Norwich.

Klose cost them a fair amount of money in all fairness. £7.6m. Didn’t feature against Liverpool and probably just as well given the scoreline. Likely to start against us though so it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on. Although I’d expect a few lapses considering playing at CB is largely based on communication.

Next couple of weeks:

3 points against Norwich could potentially put us above Woolwich; who would then need to win against Southampton to stay above us, which I can’t see happening.

In the next couple of weeks the top four could have a completely different look. Leicester have got to play Woolwich and City so there are going to points dropped in there somewhere.

We’re playing Norwich (A), Watford (H) and then a massive game at City (A) in the same timeframe. Not easy fixtures so we’re going to have to push on and work hard.

------------------------------
This is my second match day thread in the matter of 24 hours. I caught the bug after the Colchester one and I’m loving it. But don’t worry. This will be my last one so that other members of this beautiful community can experience the joy of producing a thread. There’s a lot of football coming up what with the FA Cup, Premier League and Europa League ties against Fiorentina. We’re playing great football and there are many good things going on at the club. I've thoroughly enjoyed this season so far and it's made better by being part of an online community where we can share our thoughts, call one-another bellends, talk about our feelings and join together in hating Woolwich.

Regardless of how we do this season. I'm glad to be a part of The Fighting Cock.

I love you guys <3 xoxoxox

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'd give Delia a run for her money, if the boys needed a little kick up the bum at half-time, and I wouldn't need to be nine sheets to the wind to do it either!
Not taking it for granted that we will win, as we all know, 'football's a funny ol' game', but these are exactly the games we need to win to keep the pressure on teams both above and below us.
You just know that Norwich will be 'bus parkers', we will have at least 65% possession and they will score one goal (Bassong) against the run of play. But we should have the edge over them and hopefully, their confidence will be shot to pieces after yesterday's result.
Really looking forward to it.

inbreeding? On one hand it's bad, on the other its good and on the third?

NC supporter, when asked how many times have they lost this season, replied...I can count them on one hand.
(They have lost 12).

I heard that Ed Balls came home once and found his daughter handcuffed to her bed, with cum all over her face..

You can perhaps imagine how reliefed he was she hadn't escaped..

:dembelewtf:

Hoolahan is their danger man IMO.
I still have fond memories of that Bale goal at Carrow Road.
I'd love to tuck em up, I still can't forgive them for tapping up Gary Doherty, if we had kept him then we'd have one a few titles already.

This is a fixture that'd be Spursy of old. Win here would be a right statement.

I hate (and love) the fact that every game seems "must win" now.

Leicester have Liverpool and City away next two games. Can easily see it being City & Arseholes on equal points and then us in third after that.

That will lead us on to good old "Sky Sports Super SIx Point Title Crunch Sunday!!!!"

Us at City, Leicester at Woolwich.

Deep breaths, deep breaths......

tumblr_m844gda7V21r76lino1_400.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom