Norwich friendly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing changes. Spurs are still a bag of shit and we get shafted by Norwich. Welcome back Spurs.
I wonder if that's why they chose Norwich, as the last team we played competitively at NWHL before all of this...
Did Dier have to start the game in the 9th row of the seats.... just to replicate the seamless transition....?

For anyone that has been involved in training group friendlies; the result is really not important. I have seen teams instructed to concede goals so that they can play against a team setup to defend a lead.

Often formations and tactics are rotated within the game. So 15 mins attacking, 15 of keep ball, 15 parking the bus and so on,
Do you think that's why Jose instructed them to concede a 2nd goal too?? :mourthumb::mourpoint:

Something else we should remember, apart from the fact we have two tricky games in a four-day period. In the new rules, teams have 5 substitutions, so it makes sense to get as many people playing as possible, as we (and other teams presumably) will be needing them.

I reckon a lot of how this all plays out, for the whole league I mean, will depend on how well managers and coaches manage their resources in this regard
I just hope we see Kane being substituted in order to save him. His only flaw in my opinion is that he doesn't listen to his body enough.

Defence is a major issue - firstly we've got some personnel issues, then we compound it by constantly changing from 2 cb's to 3 and shifting players positions.

Every week it's a different combo of formation and players to compensate for our lack of go-to DM.....

Stability and familiarity goes a long way with any defence (inc. keeper).

Last edited:
Something very familiar about this...that is, been sometime since I've seen Dele throw his hands up at a teammate.

Back
Top Bottom