Norwich friendly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 15 min thing was part of the government's directions for Test Track Trace

If you are ill they only contact people who have been within 2m or less for at least 15 mins, they then have to self isolate as well.
Certainly no issue with any of our defenders marking another player well enough to be near them for that length of time.

So if I'm right, anyone who may have caught it from this player won't test positive immediately and won't show symptoms for up to 2 weeks. Does anyone know how quickly they become infectious? To me this restart shouldn't be happening.

So if I'm right, anyone who may have caught it from this player won't test positive immediately and won't show symptoms for up to 2 weeks. Does anyone know how quickly they become infectious? To me this restart shouldn't be happening.
Yes, someone can be infectious without showing symptoms within 5 days of getting the virus themselves.

Can I also say that 15 minute rule is bollocks.
If someone with the virus sneezed and you were within 2m (which is entirely possible on a football pitch) then it only takes a few seconds for another person to inhale those droplets from the sneeze. This is the whole idea why we in the medical community were crying out for proper PPE. You only need to inhale approximately 20 virus particles to be infected. In a single sneeze, there are thousands that are dispersed into the air.

That's the reasoning behind why ordinary folk have to stay 2m away as the droplets can't really travel as far as that. But the government want to reduce this to 1m now.

Makes you laugh.

Yes, someone can be infectious without showing symptoms within 5 days of getting the virus themselves.

Can I also say that 15 minute rule is bollocks.
If someone with the virus sneezed and you were within 2m (which is entirely possible on a football pitch) then it only takes a few seconds for another person to intake those droplets from the sneeze.
That's the reasoning behind why ordinary folk have to stay 2m away as the droplets can't really travel as far as that. Although I've read some medical literature that 4m is the safest distance.
Thanks for that. I'd have thought in that case, with footballers being in close contact, breathing and sweating heavily that no-one who came into contact with this player should be involved in training or the match. Surely they should be self isolating for at least as long as it can take for symptoms to show or a positive test to show up?

I'm starting to get a bit miffed by it all now. I mean everyone knows it's just about the money, but it really is *JUST* about the money isn't it? I mean, fuck the health of the players and their families right?

Footballers are fit, healthy and young. About a zero chance of serious symptoms.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'd have thought in that case, with footballers being in close contact, breathing and sweating heavily that no-one who came into contact with this player should be involved in training or the match. Surely they should be self isolating for at least as long as it can take for symptoms to show or a positive test to show up?

I'm starting to get a bit miffed by it all now. I mean everyone knows it's just about the money, but it really is *JUST* about the money isn't it? I mean, fuck the health of the players and their families right?

At the time, I was rather perturbed by Deeney being shamed into coming back given the situ with his kid.... None of this speaks well of that scenario.

Yes. It's just about the money.
Normally I'd be buzzing to see us again. But having seen the impact the virus can have I think it's farcical that the PL is restarting. But also want to say that Spanish, Italian, and other football/sport around the world shouldn't be taking place this soon.

If you played out the situation. A player from yesterday's match could be infectious by Wednesday. If the testing occurs on Monday and Thursday then I think it won't show a positive test for Monday, but quite possibly will by Thursday. Also happens to be a day before our first game. If that player has been training with the squad for the week then there is no way our game should be going ahead IMO on Friday.

Ideally we want to be doing daily testing, but even then the fact that you can spread it without showing symptoms is what is making controlling this virus difficult.

At the time, I was rather perturbed by Deeney being shamed into coming back given the situ with his kid.... None of this speaks well of that scenario.
Is he back? I didn't realise.
Footballers are fit, healthy and young. About a zero chance of even serious symptoms.
Yes but what of the people they pass it on to without realising they even have it. THAT is the point. Footballers can be young and fit and not at risk. The people they may come into contact with aren't necessarily so. It's how we as a nation have had the 2nd worst death per population. It's not the young, healthy people catching it that is the problem. It's the older more frail people they give it to that suffer. And if you have the false security of a negative test then you are possibly more likely to be lax about your movements as well.

It all just stinks to me.

They won’t show symptoms but they can still test positive with in a matter of hours of coming in to contact with someone.

Is he back? I didn't realise.

Yes but what of the people they pass it on to without realising they even have it. THAT is the point. Footballers can be young and fit and not at risk. The people they may come into contact with aren't necessarily so. It's how we as a nation have had the 2nd worst death per population. It's not the young, healthy people catching it that is the problem. It's the older more frail people they give it to that suffer. And if you have the false security of a negative test then you are possibly more likely to be lax about your movements as well.

It all just stinks to me.

sudoku is one of the deniers that doesn't understand the simple notion that people can spread the virus as well as die from it.

....Like everyone that's had it are all first gen. contractees or sumthin'.

Having watched us play this season I think it is more than plausible that none of our squad got to within 2 metres of an opposition player

So we are probably alright here

Back
Top Bottom