Norwich (H) 5/12 - 1400KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good to see Davies getting some support these past few weeks. Will always have his doubters as he's not spectacular or didn't coat £50 million but he's steady and reliable.

Been one of our most consistent players this season and seems to be one of Conte's favourites.
When people use the expression "consummate professional" they're describing Gentle Ben.

Yh but what do we prioritise: our league position or this tinpot cup?

For me it's the league all day.

As a PL club with top 4 ambitions we should have been able to wheel out a 2nd string team to easily walk this group but with shithouses like Dele and Doherty that's not possible.

Top 4 does more for us than winning this trophy.
Even if Dele, Doherty and co were playing well, it still means dull Sunday PL games and a huge disruption to the preparation. This is one season we will benefit by having no third rate shit Europe IMO. CL qualification under Conte will transform the club and give us a seat at the top table again

I’m really not sure people know what a must win is. Some game in week 15 is not a must win. We could drop points and still easily have a chance at 4th.

Rennes is obviously a must win as we’d likely be eliminated otherwise.
But if we lose out on 4th to the Arse by anything less than 3 points, then those points dropped against them DO become vital... And that was in September!

We all know that if we heavily rotate or play the 2nd 11, it is a disaster and that is therefore out. However we do need to freshen up the team and play perhaps 2/3 players that are not too much behind the first 11. Difficult to know which ones he will choose but Tanganga, Rodon, Ndombele, Sess & Bergwijn are the main candidates but not all 5.
Lloris
Tanganda, Rodon, Davies
Royal, Skipp, Holjberg, Reg,
Bergwijn, Kane, Son

But if we lose out on 4th to the Arse by anything less than 3 points, then those points dropped against them DO become vital... And that was in September!

We were never close to Leicester in their year, but we finished, what, 10 points behind them after falling away? 5 of that deficit were to them. The loss to West Ham and the dropped points at Chelsea are another 5. They all count, no matter where they happen. Do we want to be fourth with a game in hand or 7th? They are all important. You don't want to be playing catch up.

Along with every other game we dropped 3 points. Doesn't mean any of them was specifically a must win.

If we want to get top four we "must win" all of our so-called easier games..... Rather than being reliant upon beating City, Liverpool etc. That's our best odds of achieving said goal

If we want to get top four we "must win" all of our so-called easier games..... Rather than being reliant upon beating City, Liverpool etc. That's our best odds of achieving said goal

Yep, people big up the glamorous fixtures (and yeah it definitely gives you an edge if you get some unexpected points) but if you consistently beat sides you should be beating, you've got a fantastic shot of landing top four.

Yep, people big up the glamorous fixtures (and yeah it definitely gives you an edge if you get some unexpected points) but if you consistently beat sides you should be beating, you've got a fantastic shot of landing top four.
That's the point... Hypothetically we could beat the 'Top 4' only, home & away then lose the rest and go down with 24 points!

ALL games, winnable or difficult are games you should want/need to win if you have ANY hope of Top 4+

I know there are technically 6 pointers with teams around us, but beating Brentford still gets you the same 3 points as beating Man City... It's more the message it sends out by beating supposedly bigger teams, but by the same token, losing to teams we should hope to beat ALSO sends out a different type of message!

Play our strongest team possible, keep the momentum going. None of this looking to Thursdays game. All about getting maximum points and climbing that league.

Play our strongest team possible, keep the momentum going. None of this looking to Thursdays game. All about getting maximum points and climbing that league.
100%. If we are in the mix for 4th in Feb, I would be happy for the club to forfeit the europe mess

Given that Sessegnon is banned for the Rennes game in ECL I'd imagine he'll play either from the start or come on at half time to give Reguilon a break ? If not against Norwich, then against Brighton on Sunday 12th.

Good to see Davies getting some support these past few weeks. Will always have his doubters as he's not spectacular or didn't coat £50 million but he's steady and reliable.

Been one of our most consistent players this season and seems to be one of Conte's favourites.
I myself, have been one of Dier´s biggest critics. But i must say Dier and Davies have been really solid this season. Really happy for them.

Last edited:

I'm admittedly biased, being Welsh, but whatever you say about him, he's been committed to spurs and has been a good player for the club.

Can be upgraded of course, but I have nothing but respect for the bloke. Pleased to see his revival under Conte.

When people use the expression "consummate professional" they're describing Gentle Ben.

He’s always been a decent lad with a good attitude but was poor at FB so pleased to see him looking more comfortable now
He's gonna score for real on Sunday too!

Back
Top Bottom