Norwich (H) 5/12 - 1400KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strange game. They really should have scored a few and I never really felt like we were playing well but hey, can't argue with 3-0.

Our fans are shite though: stadium always has thousands of seats empty and the atmosphere is woeful.

Really enjoyable game today - in part because of the tension until 2-0. Of course we can play better - and have to. Of course some players still look a bit ropey. But the improvements are crystal clear. Whatever Conte has done or given to Ben Davies, I bloody want some. Oliver Skipp was genuinely superb. Sonny and Lucas worked hard to find openings. The love in and respect between Conte and the fans was beautiful, as were the two well-marked applauses at 6 and 22 minutes. Pretty decent all round.

Really enjoyable game today - in part because of the tension until 2-0. Of course we can play better - and have to. Of course some players still look a bit ropey. But the improvements are crystal clear. Whatever Conte has done or given to Ben Davies, I bloody want some. Oliver Skipp was genuinely superb. Sonny and Lucas worked hard to find openings. The love in and respect between Conte and the fans was beautiful, as were the two well-marked applauses at 6 and 22 minutes. Pretty decent all round.

Agreed.

Strange game. They really should have scored a few and I never really felt like we were playing well but hey, can't argue with 3-0.

Our fans are shite though: stadium always has thousands of seats empty and the atmosphere is woeful.
Yes they could have easily scored but we had more decent chances too, including Paulo Maldavies missing from 2 yards.

Crowd was decent today and there were not thousands of empty seats. Plenty of singing PL and SS way. Good atmosphere all round.

Yes they could have easily scored but we had more decent chances too, including Paulo Maldavies missing from 2 yards.

Crowd was decent today and there were not thousands of empty seats. Plenty of singing PL and SS way. Good atmosphere all round.
Official statistics put it at 5k empty seats (which were all in the home end). Brentford was 8k empty seats (again all in the home end).
Luckily we have dark seats but looking around it is noticeable. Plus don't get me started on the hordes of people who saunter up at 50 minutes.
If that is what we consider a good atmosphere, well, so be it.

Official statistics put it at 5k empty seats (which were all in the home end). Brentford was 8k empty seats (again all in the home end).
Luckily we have dark seats but looking around it is noticeable. Plus don't get me started on the hordes of people who saunter up at 50 minutes.
If that is what we consider a good atmosphere, well, so be it.
Fair enough. Come to the SE corner and I reckon you’ll be a happier chap. It is pretty decent there.

Did your son enjoy it?

I don't think he played well. He scored, yes but compared to the amount of goals he has been involved in conceding, it really isn't that helpful. We have to be looking to improve on our weaker players now that we have AC. With a few judicious changes, we can challenge for any title in Europe.
This is only my personal opinion but we need to weed out the mediocre/bad/no input players and have a a squad that can stand some injuries which are inevitable.
Again, and it's still personal, a team to challenge for the CL wouldn't have Sanchez, PEH, Dele. Winks etc on the bench let alone 1st XI. We need to have a few inspirational players out there creating....The Kante or de Bruyner type. If only Tanguy wasn't such a lazy git, he would be perfect. Let us hope that the clear and quick improvement under Conte will inspire the bald one to open the cheque book and propel us back to the greatness we deserve.
It's not fair to say he had a poor game today, because he had a crap one two weeks ago. He was good today and it's hard to see why he can have good games, and also awful ones.
I don't get the surge in anti PEH stuff, he's the same as he's always been, functional and steady, nothing flash and clockwork defensive MF

I don't know about that, I thought it was pretty decent, but then I always sing if there's any noise from the Park Lane.

No, that's what I'm saying. You can't just look at numbers to say how he played like people try to do. He's a tricky one because he does things that do not show up in the stats.
I don't look at stats, I just watch people playing football and enjoy watching spurs win.
Sadly I have had to work all day and because I watched the game I only just stopped

Thankfully we won, but judging by some posters, you'd think we didn't

Today gave me a bit more hope for Sess …. He looks suited in that role and I’d say he just about won that battle with Aarons and rotating with Reggie gives us good energy down that left side

Skipp was outstanding today …. I’ve called him a star from the outset when he was grabbing minutes age 16/17

Genuine home grown talent

You love to see it
Lucky for him his first name isn't Harry

Did your son enjoy it?
He did thanks. Loved it. Took him to the shop, had a good bit of Turkish beforehand, and then wanted to watch the players warm up. He seemed genuinely fascinated by it all and really enjoyed the game. He was singing “oh when the Spurs…” as he climbed into bed tonight so the poor chap seems hooked. My work is done. The guilt I shall carry to the grave. What have I done?!

:pochshock:

He did thanks. Loved it. Took him to the shop, had a good bit of Turkish beforehand, and then wanted to watch the players warm up. He seemed genuinely fascinated by it all and really enjoyed the game. He was singing “oh when the Spurs…” as he climbed into bed tonight so the poor chap seems hooked. My work is done. The guilt I shall carry to the grave. What have I done?!

:pochshock:
It's what happens, especially when we win:)
Glad he enjoyed himself.

Back
Top Bottom