Norwich (H) 5/12 - 1400KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
23 Feb 2014Norwich City v Tottenham HotspurL1-0Premier League
26 Dec 2015Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich CityW3-0Premier League
02 Feb 2016Norwich City v Tottenham HotspurW0-3Premier League
28 Dec 2019Norwich City v Tottenham HotspurD2-2Premier League
22 Jan 2020Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich CityW2-1Premier League

Norwich injures
Rashica
Normann
Byram
Cantwell*

Tottenham injuries
Romero
Lo Celso*

Personally wouldn't make any changes from Thursday's game, perhaps Tanganga/Rodon in for Sanchez. A chance to keep the momentum going.

Lloris
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Royal - Skipp - Hojbjerg - Reguilon
Lucas - Son
Kane​

I would agree with this. Could be a good time to get some consistency - give players a bit of a run of games, and see if it helps confidence/form.

The below players for me are undroppable at the moment...

Lloris
Davies
Dier
Skipp
Reguilon
Son
Moura
Kane (due to no competition)

I think Conte MIGHT tweak a few here... Only 'cos the *football cliché alert* games are coming thick and fast!

We can't underestimate Norwich, but if we can't rest players at some point early December, it's gonna come back and bite us later in the month when the likes of Liverpool & West Ham come to town...

I don't think it was any coincidence Tanganga came on for a few mins to replace Royal... I expect he might be in with a shout of starting Sunday.

Likewise Moura given a rest for (maybe) Dele or Bergwign....

Skipp HAS to play. MotM last night, AND 'curse of the ex-factor' should be the perfect game for him to really establish himself in the team... If he hasn't done so already!

We have a must win game against Rennes next Thursday. This too is must win. A shame the depth in the squad isn't good.

I can see a couple of changes in the forward areas. Bergwijn might play. Noticeable that Bergwijn played CF yesterday when he came on and Kane dropped into 10.

Sanchez gives me kittens. Swap him out for Rodon. I would play White in the Rennes game.

Lloris
Emerson Rodon Dier Davies Reguilon
Hojbjerg Skipp
Bergwijn Kane Son

We have a must win game against Rennes next Thursday. This too is must win. A shame the depth in the squad isn't good.

I can see a couple of changes in the forward areas. Bergwijn might play. Noticeable that Bergwijn played CF yesterday when he came on and Kane dropped into 10.

Sanchez gives me kittens. Swap him out for Rodon. I would play White in the Rennes game.

Lloris
Hojbjerg Skipp
Bergwijn Kane Son
When you're going for the Top 4 (or higher), every game is must win!! Plus there's an expectation level that assumes (rightly or wrongly) that you will win every game!

And if you're down the bottom... every point is crucial, only difference is that the expectation to actually win those games isn't there, so maybe the odd draw will help... It's more MUST NOT LOSE, which is also as unrealistic!

Only mid-table teams can afford the relative 'luxury' of not feeling like they HAVE to or are EXPECTED to win every game! ....and I'd like to think we're moving away from that now...

We're not good enough to take anybody lightly, as we showed against Mura. If the best players are fit to play, we have to play them. Worry about Rennes after - and let's be honest, if we took it easy v Rennes and fucked it up and lost, it'd probably help our league season massively. It gives Conte a week between games to work with the team. When he had that with Chelsea, he won the title.

I would agree with this. Could be a good time to get some consistency - give players a bit of a run of games, and see if it helps confidence/form.

Lloris
Davies
Dier
Skipp
Reguilon
Son
Moura
Reluctantly I'd add Emerson to that list as I never want to see Doherty in a Spurs shirt again and we have no other options.

We're not good enough to take anybody lightly, as we showed against Mura. If the best players are fit to play, we have to play them. Worry about Rennes after - and let's be honest, if we took it easy v Rennes and fucked it up and lost, it'd probably help our league season massively. It gives Conte a week between games to work with the team. When he had that with Chelsea, he won the title.

100%.

Let's worry about the game after when it becomes the next game.

Lloris
Davies
Dier
Skipp
Reguilon
Son
Moura

Good to see Davies getting some support these past few weeks. Will always have his doubters as he's not spectacular or didn't coat £50 million but he's steady and reliable.

Been one of our most consistent players this season and seems to be one of Conte's favourites.

Good to see Davies getting some support these past few weeks. Will always have his doubters as he's not spectacular or didn't coat £50 million but he's steady and reliable.

Been one of our most consistent players this season and seems to be one of Conte's favourites.

I'm admittedly biased, being Welsh, but whatever you say about him, he's been committed to spurs and has been a good player for the club.

Can be upgraded of course, but I have nothing but respect for the bloke. Pleased to see his revival under Conte.

When you're going for the Top 4 (or higher), every game is must win!! Plus there's an expectation level that assumes (rightly or wrongly) that you will win every game!

And if you're down the bottom... every point is crucial, only difference is that the expectation to actually win those games isn't there, so maybe the odd draw will help... It's more MUST NOT LOSE, which is also as unrealistic!

Only mid-table teams can afford the relative 'luxury' of not feeling like they HAVE to or are EXPECTED to win every game! ....and I'd like to think we're moving away from that now...
I’m really not sure people know what a must win is. Some game in week 15 is not a must win. We could drop points and still easily have a chance at 4th.

Rennes is obviously a must win as we’d likely be eliminated otherwise.

also wont have so many sunday kick offs which personally i find a bit of a drag

also wont have so many sunday kick offs which personally i find a bit of a drag
Yh but what do we prioritise: our league position or this tinpot cup?

For me it's the league all day.

As a PL club with top 4 ambitions we should have been able to wheel out a 2nd string team to easily walk this group but with shithouses like Dele and Doherty that's not possible.

Top 4 does more for us than winning this trophy.

I’m really not sure people know what a must win is. Some game in week 15 is not a must win. We could drop points and still easily have a chance at 4th.

Rennes is obviously a must win as we’d likely be eliminated otherwise.
As much as I think we should be aiming to win the thing, it might not be the worst thing to happen if we went out.

Lloris
Hojbjerg Skipp
Bergwijn Kane Son

I've been looking forward to seeing Rodon for a year or so, but as he hasn't played much under Jose, Mason, Nuno or Conte (so far), I think there has to be a reason.

My guess is that Tanganga is seen as the better CB (and RB) alternative to current starters over Rodon (or Doherty) ?.

But agree with you Conte needs to start to do some rotation whilst keeping the core of the team intact to build up confidence both mentally and knowing their (regular) team mates game which will help enormously

Back
Top Bottom