Norwich (H) 5/12 - 1400KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Animated GIF
Similar shit happen to morata and allegri knocked some sense to him

The whole "world class" thing is crap. Firstly, if the expression is to mean anything at all, you have to be one of the top 3 in the world in that position, i.e. you make the squad for a hypothetical Earth vs Mars game.

Secondly, and more to the point, great teams generally don't have more than 3, maybe 4 players who would make that squad. Go back and look at the classic teams, you'll always find five or six very decent players who aren't "world beaters".

To give one example I mentioned earlier, 1990s Barcelona. I'm looking at a webpage which gives their best eleven from the decade. You could argue about some of the choices (no Beguiristain or Goicoetxea?) but even so.. Look at the players who wouldn't be on that interstellar tour with the World XI....

Zubizarreta (maybe), Ferrer, Popescu, Frank De Boer (maybe)... This is the best team of a decade, they never played together. Look at the early 90s, when they were in thir pomp - Bakero, Amor, Sergi, and others wouldn't have made that inter-planetary rocket. All outstanding players, much loved in Can Barça.

We will be lucky to have two such players, we shoudn't fixate on more. Players from the"very good internationals" will do fine
Well we don't have one of the world's best 3 in any of our positions. Or do you feel we do. World class players by my definition (It's not an exact science or measurement) are players that would walking into any of the best clubs. E.g. Strikers - Haaland, Suarez, Lukaka, Messi, Ronaldo... I don't think a team on this planet would not want them playing for them. Midfielders - De Bruine, Bernardo Silva, Kanté...etc. Defenders - Bonucci, Spinazzola, Dias....

Notice Something. No Spurs players. Why. At the moment the only two we have, that are debatable, are Kane and Son. The rest just don't cut it.

So even by your definition. We are punching for lower top to mid-table with the players we have. I want Spurs to have World Class and be World Class.

Are you alright ?

It’s just that your head doesn’t seem screwed on too tight this evening

You want us to purchase 6 world class players …. To ensure breaking into the top 6 ?

Mate, add this post to some of your other choice gems tonight and it’s certainly not been your finest hour
Hold Your Horses mate.

Firstly, Math is simple, use your fingers or toes if need be.

I stated "2 defenders (Over and above injured ones), 1 great CDM, 1 Great AM. 1 Great Striker. Great because they need to be world class."

I count 5 players. 2+1+1+1=5. So I don't know who's head is screwed on too tight, mine or yours. I also don't know which head you thinking with cause it can't be one with a sizeable brain.

Secondly, I didn't say this must happen overnight. If we get rid of our Deadwood and inject a reasonable amount of cash into the team over the 14 months left on Contés contract, it is highly doable.

Sometimes think before you type. Ask if you don't understand. I might even be able to help with the counting problem. My son is in Grade 1. I can lend you some of his Maths workbooks.

Hold Your Horses mate.

Firstly, Math is simple, use your fingers or toes if need be.

I stated "2 defenders (Over and above injured ones), 1 great CDM, 1 Great AM. 1 Great Striker. Great because they need to be world class."

I count 5 players. 2+1+1+1=5. So I don't know who's head is screwed on too tight, mine or yours. I also don't know which head you thinking with cause it can't be one with a sizeable brain.

Secondly, I didn't say this must happen overnight. If we get rid of our Deadwood and inject a reasonable amount of cash into the team over the 14 months left on Contés contract, it is highly doable.

Sometimes think before you type. Ask if you don't understand. I might even be able to help with the counting problem. My son is in Grade 1. I can lend you some of his Maths workbooks.
did YOU actually tell HIM to think before he posts?

- with your dream like wish list?

I'm amazed you're old enough to father children. That's kids dreams before sleep stuff.

I'll admit I wasn't giving the game 100% attention, but I saw most of it and didn't see anything impressive from Ryan. No sting in attack and didn't fuck up. Hence the 'meh'.

Not sure why you're giving Doherty credit for the last 30 mins. He wound me up with his imprecision and slow, muddled thinking.
Sess was far from "meh". He got forward well, put decent crosses in and defensively he played well.

I think Doherty is an atrocious player but Tanganga was getting eaten alive by Williams. Doherty didn't do anything wow but we looked far more solid defensively when he came on.

It's not fair to say he had a poor game today, because he had a crap one two weeks ago. He was good today and it's hard to see why he can have good games, and also awful ones.
I don't get the surge in anti PEH stuff, he's the same as he's always been, functional and steady, nothing flash and clockwork defensive MF
Reasonable player but too ordinary. We need some inspiration in mf.

Back
Top Bottom