Norwich Vs Rennes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which game is more important in Tottenham’s season.

• Norwich

Votes: 38 95.0%
  • Rennes

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
My first thoughts were why the bloody hell are Norwich playing Rennes, and my second was why the hell would anyone even mention that here.
One of them thread titles…

Confused Dog GIF

Yup. I think Conte gets this.
With his cup profligacy relative to league haul, suggests strongly his priorities have lied in league success.

His Italy team played great cup football, plus he’s won cups, so think there must be a decision to be made.

As stands we have a dreadful second 11, but will they elevate with the first 11 just by mostly training? If yes then a very strong team Vs Rennes is worth risking more first 11 for. As by the reconvened round 7-8 second 11 may be enough.

Free weeks with the squad much more often is why I half hope he puts youth n best training second 11 out Vs Rennes.

In all my life I've never cared less about a game than I do about the Rennes game. Its a fn disaster of a game and an utter shit hole Cup. Seriously its the saddest most pathetic competition known to man kind, up there with the Scottish championship Cup and the European tiddly winks superleague. Spurs should be battling to get in to the top 4, well we should if we had a functioning midfield, but how can you if your stuck in the Thursday night Diddy cup rut..... Brings in fck all revenue, zero credibility and merely adds another fixture in an already congested season....

Fighting relegation or battling for top 4 - either way you don't want sidetracked....

I suspect Conte will want to win the Rennes game simply so as to keep a winning run and confidence going.

After the Rennes game the next ECL isn't until February at the earliest, and that might be a better time to make a decision on competition priorities, not least because we will know where we are after January transfer window.

But equally he will want to win all PL games.

If we end up 2nd in Europe we get 2 more matches that will impact on more PL points than this match. We need to beat Rennes. The biggest fear about the Norwich game is that how tired will the players be after playing Thursday. Whilst Norwich played earlier in the week, they are not used to playing twice a week and it might hit them harder. A strong enough team must be put up for both matches. The problem will be the accumulative effect on the match next weekend.

If we end up 2nd in Europe we get 2 more matches that will impact on more PL points than this match. We need to beat Rennes. The biggest fear about the Norwich game is that how tired will the players be after playing Thursday. Whilst Norwich played earlier in the week, they are not used to playing twice a week and it might hit them harder. A strong enough team must be put up for both matches. The problem will be the accumulative effect on the match next weekend.
2nd is the best we can hope for btw. Rennes are 4 points ahead of us. It’s a playoff at best.

Still think we shoulda just named a youth squad for the Conference League... If they do well, great for them.
They gain vital real match experience, whilst giving our 1st team a rest, but if they go out, no shame there, OR on our 1st team!

Right now, it feels like a 'lose-lose' competition, even if we win it (which we probably won't!)

Back
Top Bottom