Notts County _ Juventus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Juventus offered to supply Notts County with a new kit - but they had to turn them down
We can exclusively reveal the Italian giants were ready to help in the Magpies' hour of
need.

Juventus made the incredible gesture of supplying Notts County with new shirts for next season but the club had to turn down the offer because of their contract with Puma.

Nottinghamshire Live revealed in midweek how Lilian Greenwood MP had written to the Serie A giants in the hope they would repay a 116 year debt after the Magpies had supplied Juventus with their black and white shirts.

Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli was willing to supply Notts with new kit through Adidas and wrote to the club informing them of their willingness to lend a hand.

Who are Christoffer and Alexander Reedtz? All you need to know about Notts County's new owners

But Notts had to respectfully turn down the offer because of their contract with Puma who are awaiting payment for new shirts that are currently in a warehouse waiting to be delivered.

In a letter seen by Nottinghamshire Live, Juventus’ head of communications Claudio Albanese explained to Ms Greenwood how Juventus had been willing to help Notts during their hour of need.

“Considering the long-lasting relation between the two clubs, Juventus would have gladly assisted in providing new kits for next season,” he wrote.

“We have already held talks with our technical sponsor, Adidas, to inform them of the situation and they immediately contacted Notts County to arrange equipment supply.
“Unfortunately, as it turns out, the club has a two-year binding agreement with Puma that doesn’t allow them wear any other brand.

“Thank you for the letter. We wish Notts County all the best for the future.”

Juventus’ gesture shows the incredible bond between the two clubs which was formed in 1903 when Notts had supplied them with their iconic black and white shirts.

And in 2011, Juventus invited Notts to open their new stadium with the Magpies the first English team to play at the Allianz Stadium where the teams fought out a 1-1 draw.

I don't know what kind of relationship you have with Notts County (I think nothing because it floats in low categories) but you don't get angry if there is something wrong. 😀😀

Tough on NC, but if you were Puma you'd be rightfully pissed.

However, I'm quite suprised these clubs have to buy their matchday kits from manufacturers tho.... Surely the team wearing it is a key promotional tool to them selling ANY merch to fans etc.

Must be a pretty shitty kit deal.

However, I'm quite suprised these clubs have to buy their matchday kits from manufacturers tho.... Surely the team wearing it is a key promotional tool to them selling ANY merch to fans etc.

Surely he will not have much market so they make him pay ...

Surely he will not have much market so they make him pay ...

If a kit deal ain't worth the price of a bunch of kits for the season; it's probably not worth shit to the club.....

Evidently, contracts are contracts tho... Whatever the terms.

Couldn't your lot settle the bill with Puma for them instead? .....I'd genuinely applaud that!

(Let's face it, as stands, it's probably a promotional gesture by Addidas rather than Juve actually parting with any actual dosh)

Ditto
I always thought part of the deal was the squad got free kits?
The club buy the ones they sell in the shop etc

Surely, to settle the bill would be the best thing but at that point the Juventus sponsor would intervene. Complicated...

Surely it could be used as an amazing marketing opportunity by Adidas. And seeing as Puma and Adidas are all just one big unhappy family, surely it shouldn't be too much to ask.

Notts County, here are the new shirts given by Juve
02 August 2019

Notts County, the oldest professional club in the world, has emerged from the crisis and is partly thanks to Juventus. After the change of ownership, with the arrival of the Danish consortium and the request for help from the Italian champions, the Magpies were able to come out of the financial crisis they were in and to obtain Puma's uniforms for the next season, as witnessed from the Instagram post shared on the official club page.

0_home-project.png

Large

Different from 2018-19

notts_county_18_19_puma_home_kit.jpg

Notts County, here are the new shirts given by Juve
02 August 2019

Notts County, the oldest professional club in the world, has emerged from the crisis and is partly thanks to Juventus. After the change of ownership, with the arrival of the Danish consortium and the request for help from the Italian champions, the Magpies were able to come out of the financial crisis they were in and to obtain Puma's uniforms for the next season, as witnessed from the Instagram post shared on the official club page.

0_home-project.png

Large

Different from 2018-19

notts_county_18_19_puma_home_kit.jpg
Can't work out what the kits in the second 2 photos are, as I assume the first one is the actual new kit

Back
Top Bottom