Now that the CL is gone, is it better for us to miss out on the EL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that the CL is gone. Do you want us to qualify for the Europa League?

• Yes, Europa league is worth qualifying for and trying to win

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • No, Europa league will hinder our chances of getting back into the Top 4

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Don't care as long as we finish above Woolwich this season

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters
I want Europa League but only if the club is going to go for it.

Playing the reserves or going into knock-out football with a not arsed attitude against weak teams is soul destroying.

These rank amongst the worst days a Tottenham supporter for me. Days where you are asked to pay, to support a team that has no desire to proceed. Wobble chops sending the third team out to the Ukraine for knock out game. Horrible as a supporter.

Personally I've never accepted it under any of our managers.

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Tottenham 1-1 S Donetsk (agg 1-3)

If we're in it I want the passion of this night. When WHL was rocking, and although we fucked it - it certainly wasn't because we weren't trying -

I want Europa league so that we have a good chance to play youth, give people like Parrott a chance to prove themselves against professional opposition.

My problem is that I don’t think Jose will play the youth, he takes it ultra seriously from the word go and will have Kane playing Thursday - Sunday football until he inevitably picks up a long term injury.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way: I think we have to fight for EL, and once we get there, we should fight to win it. However, in case we miss it, I think we´d have more chances of seeing a good 2020-21 season. The schedule will be tight, and playing Thursday-Sunday would be really difficult for us.

From a pragmatic point of view, I´d prefer us to be focused in national competitions.

The venues is speculation but the constant churn of fixtures isnt. In a normal season i'd be happy to be in it but not next season.
We are just so poor, weak & short as it is. Can't cope with having a longer rest than a injury hit Sheffield United. People are gradually realising but still not quite there yet. Like the one's thinking we have a good team just crap poch ruining it. So soon as jose takes over we will be flying. Unfortunately reality has gotten in the way of that hope.

Big difference. Without the europa league ££, instead of Ashley Barnes we get benteke.

I bet you cried about us not paying £30m for him when he left Villa for the Dippers didn't you....

Then came out with some gem like "See; even Palace back their manager" when he left Anfield.

Says sheepishly to himself on the inside; "No I wanted Berahino actually, Airfixx". :memelol:

Last edited:
I want Europa League but only if the club is going to go for it.

Playing the reserves or going into knock-out football with a not arsed attitude against weak teams is soul destroying.

These rank amongst the worst days a Tottenham supporter for me. Days where you are asked to pay, to support a team that has no desire to proceed. Wobble chops sending the third team out to the Ukraine for knock out game. Horrible as a supporter.

Personally I've never accepted it under any of our managers.

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Tottenham 1-1 S Donetsk (agg 1-3)

If we're in it I want the passion of this night. When WHL was rocking, and although we fucked it - it certainly wasn't because we weren't trying -

Well that would be the main criteria for me as well, now I know for Levy/ENIC it’s a business and they’re looking at the balance sheet ST, merchandise, corporate etc but can they not see that if they had a successful team on the park which to us the fans is more important one would compliment the other a domestic cup run league or FA would have the stadium packed knowing a full strength Tottenham giving a 100% wanting to win and get to Wembley would be special a Europa league cup run would be equally so! yids abroad what’s better

Well that would be the main criteria for me as well, now I know for Levy/ENIC it’s a business and they’re looking at the balance sheet ST, merchandise, corporate etc but can they not see that if they had a successful team on the park which to us the fans is more important one would compliment the other a domestic cup run league or FA would have the stadium packed knowing a full strength Tottenham giving a 100% wanting to win and get to Wembley would be special a Europa league cup run would be equally so! yids abroad what’s better

I don't really see what you're trying to say here...

We've had all the things you listed in recent seasons.

We had a team that could and likely should have won things....

Having built a new stadium (to increase matchday revenue and in turn help overcome FFP), we invested in the team last summer (and this Jan) to start a rebuild of a new team and we've been dealt a financial curveball by C19.

I don't really see what you're trying to say here...

We've had all the things you listed in recent seasons.

We had a team that could and likely should have won things....

Having built a new stadium (to increase matchday revenue and in turn help overcome FFP), we invested in the team last summer (and this Jan) to start a rebuild of a new team and we've been dealt a financial curveball by C19.
The Europa league is not a pointless competition yes a lot dismiss it as nuisance which we’ve done in the past I’m getting at is a team willing to take it seriously is important to the fans well me anyway I want Tottenham Hotspur to win every time they play no matter what competition.

The Europa league is not a pointless competition yes a lot dismiss it as nuisance which we’ve done in the past I’m getting at is a team willing to take it seriously is important to the fans well me anyway I want Tottenham Hotspur to win every time they play no matter what competition.
The last two lines are certainly not an ENIC mission statement.

The last two lines are certainly not an ENIC mission statement.

ENIC would prefer us to lose?

.......How would that fit their much talked off capitalist agenda?

A trophy which would help our profile, bag us a few quid and get us back in the CL?

....On the contrary, I'm sure that they'd be only to pleased with that.

We could be in 30 cup competitions and we wouldn't win a single one of them

Rather have a year with no midweek distractions and focus on trying to regain some consistency in the league and learn how to actually win a couple of games in a row crazy as it sounds

Your defence of levy and co is admirable questionable but admirable, the light on enics reign is no longer a flame but a mere flicker.
Still we have Everton on Monday in a game I'm sure we are going to win.
:mourthumb: :dembelelol:

Stay on tact fella.... Think... Regardless of whether or not they spend enough to keep certain fans from moaning; to imply they don't want the teams they assemble to do as well as possible with the resources they have provided is more than silly.... What's more it makes no commercial sense; which is the contradiction I made to begin with.

I repeat my original comment: they'd be only too pleased if we won the EL.

Please don't exhibit to me that you are dumb enough to genuinely argue otherwise..... I have faith that you're not.... Please don't let me down.

Back
Top Bottom