Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Nuno is better tactically than Arteta and Solsjkaer. He’s proved this at Wolves.

We need to give him time and the resources to achieve his goals. It was never going to be easy taking over after Mourinho left the squad questioning their own abilities.

We have the stadium, talented new players, the best striker in Europe and a very hungry and ambitious young manager. Things aren’t as bleak as the media and our own fans will have us all believe.

Nuno is better tactically than Arteta and Solsjkaer. He’s proved this at Wolves.

We need to give him time and the resources to achieve his goals. It was never going to be easy taking over after Mourinho left the squad questioning their own abilities.

We have the stadium, talented new players, the best striker in Europe and a very hungry and ambitious young manager. Things aren’t as bleak as the media and our own fans will have us all believe.

I don’t disagree we have a good stadium and in certain positions some talented players

For me Nuno is an ok manager. My issue is this, if we are aiming for 5-8th this season I can live with it but what I struggle with is the style of football. Nuno is a Jose clone, that style can be eye bleeding.

If we aren’t aiming for that top then at least we need to entertain. If I or any fans pays their money they want some happiness, a 3-3 draw can be fun to watch particularly if the football gets you off your feet.

We have had Graham, AVB and Jose. They killed the fun, my fear is Nuno will do the same and Spurs fans, well at least the match day ones are very short if the manager can’t excite. That is what Nuno must overcome and overcome quickly more than results even in my opinion. Coming 8th playing great football will give him a longer reign than 6th playing Joseball.

Thanks Mrs Espirito Santo. Now run along and get his dinner ready..

:nunofacepalm:

Thanks Mrs Espirito Santo. Now run along and get his dinner ready..

:nunofacepalm:
What was wrong with what I posted? Nuno is a good manager. He’s perfect for the rebuild and won’t throw his own players under the bus like Mourinho.

The problem is that ‘fans’ want instant success. We have played just four games, won 3 of them and was unlucky against Palace due to injuries.

Have some perspective at least.

What was wrong with what I posted? Nuno is a good manager. He’s perfect for the rebuild and won’t throw his own players under the bus like Mourinho.

The problem is that ‘fans’ want instant success. We have played just four games, won 3 of them and was unlucky against Palace due to injuries.

Have some perspective at least.
Nothing wrong with it, it's your opinion. Just seems an excessively rose-tinted view. About the only part that's accurate is we have the stadium. The rest is just blind optimism about a manager you really have no real knowledge of and who has never delivered anything close to what you imagine he can do.

Nothing wrong with it, it's your opinion. Just seems an excessively rose-tinted view. About the only part that's accurate is we have the stadium. The rest is just blind optimism about a manager you really have no real knowledge of and who has never delivered anything close to what you imagine he can do.

Patronising much!?!?!

"Nuno is better tactically than Arteta and Solsjkaer. He’s proved this at Wolves."

"ambitious manager."

Are these really radical statements?

........You sure you're not just a bit drunk on negativity?

It's not "excessively rose-tinted" at all.

Style of play aside, anyone that says the bulk of his Wolves tenure was shit and that he's incompetent is just getting carried away and mugging themselves off.

[ Thanks for the kiss, Tony.... I'll take that as yes. ]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom