Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
I'm not impressed by Nuno's rude response to Alasdair Gold today at what seems like quite an innocuous, if not friendly, question.

From the transcript of today's press conference:

Why not just say: he has shown a great attitude so in future can be a leader, but it's important to remember he is young so now we're focusing on developing him and being patient.
I really don't like the way he treats the media, it's not like this is a guy who has a bad reputation. This is a journalist who focuses on Tottenham and quite often sides with them in cases where others are going against him (see in the window his insistence that Kane was staying). Everyone keeps going 'oh Nuno seems like a nice bloke' but he seems like a bit of a knob to me tbh.

After the first few games people were all lauding him for media presence.
Funny how that's turned since we started conceding goals left right and centre and the wins look a long time ago.

This guy is in a world of shit. He's bitten off far more than he can chew and he knows it. He's as far from 'Tottenham' as it gets. Not his fault for taking the job and I still hope he's successful but even the most optimistic of fans knows where this is heading. Let's be perfectly clear though. If this appointment fails then Lewis, Levy, Paritici whoever have one more card left. This downward spiral cannot continue. Get it right or sell up and fuck off.

After the first few games people were all lauding him for media presence.
Funny how that's turned since we started conceding goals left right and centre and the wins look a long time ago.
I wont lie. Didn't want him but the City performance did impress me. Let's be honest though it's been pitiful since and that's being kind.

I'm not impressed by Nuno's rude response to Alasdair Gold today at what seems like quite an innocuous, if not friendly, question.

From the transcript of today's press conference:

Why not just say: he has shown a great attitude so in future can be a leader, but it's important to remember he is young so now we're focusing on developing him and being patient.
Theres nothing rude about what Nuno said. He doesn't want to discuss a player. That's ok!

I really don't like the way he treats the media, it's not like this is a guy who has a bad reputation. This is a journalist who focuses on Tottenham and quite often sides with them in cases where others are going against him (see in the window his insistence that Kane was staying). Everyone keeps going 'oh Nuno seems like a nice bloke' but he seems like a bit of a knob to me tbh.
Nitpicking...Jeez!

Fuck all journos. They get all they deserve. Gold is just another hog with his snout in a big trough.
Nuno is out of his depth for sure. But repeatedly fielding inane questions in the hope of clickbait answers must get very tiring

Fuck all journos. They get all they deserve. Gold is just another hog with his snout in a big trough.
Nuno is out of his depth for sure. But repeatedly fielding inane questions in the hope of clickbait answers must get very tiring
How is it a inane or clickbait question?
Skipp is a potential future Spurs captain, and it would be interesting to know Nuno's impression of the kid with regards to that.

How is it a inane or clickbait question?
Skipp is a potential future Spurs captain, and it would be interesting to know Nuno's impression of the kid with regards to that.
It’s way too soon to even ask it. He’s a kid, just back from loan with 5 PL games under his belt. Gold is after headlines for the future. Build up Skippy as the next Bobby Moore now, to knock him down when he doesn’t match the unrealistic expectations placed on his shoulders after 5 games. All because Nuno said so on 24/9/21

Gold is after headlines for the future. Build up Skippy as the next Bobby Moore now, to knock him down when he doesn’t match the unrealistic expectations placed on his shoulders after 5 games. All because Nuno said so on 24/9/21
Yep that sounds exactly like Ali Gold, he's the sort of guy to start doing hit pieces on youngsters based on manager's press conferences...

Treat them all the same imo, Gold is a good guy - the rest are utter scum.

He'd be a hypocrite to have favourites.

Exactly 'Hi Nuno, so ndombele was involved in both their goals'. What does he expect to hear, Nuno's trying to get the fatty motivated and confident and this gold idiot wants to discuss the bad things.

Exactly 'Hi Nuno, so ndombele was involved in both their goals'. What does he expect to hear, Nuno's trying to get the fatty motivated and confident and this gold idiot wants to discuss the bad things.
That's true, it's unacceptable for a journalist to ask a question about a player with a questionable attitude giving away 2 goals.
Disgraceful journalism- instead he should be commenting on how great the cheese room in the stadium is.

Ali G is being a dickhead trying to get nuno to say something negative about ndombele. Good he cut that nonsense out.
Exactly this is the British press im amazed at the sudden sympathy for these dickheads. They are utter sly scum. They shit on us on a regular they spent weeks writing made up crap to unsettle us when they were scared by the three wins. Paratici and Hitchen at odds with players, grumpy Nuno losing dressing room. Majority of people in that room do not have Spurs best intrest at heart...fuck em.

No.

I think if journalists from the Sun ask questions they should be treated with contempt because of the BS they spread about Spurs.
Not sure why journalists who are fair should get similar treatment.
All journos are parasites. Can’t pick and choose between them just because they show a faint allegiance to your club. Gold would gladly sell his mother if it meant he could dish some front page shit on Spurs.
I think you’re letting the fact that he’s allegedly a Spurs fan tint your glasses all rose coloured.
Back to the question he posed. It’s too early and designed as a reference point for the future if Skipp doesn’t live up to expectations. “But Nuno once said he was future captain material” would be used in a character assassination of Skipp and a stick to beat Nuno with in the press. And you can rest assured that Gold would have his nose in that trough as the person who asked the question.

Back
Top Bottom