Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Social media age. Extremely dull moment gets seized upon and blown out of proportion.

Decent enough Spurs supporter journalist asks typical sort of question and Nuno doesn't really want to answer it because he's focused on the present rather than a few years down the line (and probably wants to just get on rather than talk to journalists).
But then the 'decent supporter journalist' goes on twitter and makes a snide tweety about it. Hence not decent supporter , trying to work against the manager by trying to get an unnecessary comment out of im about ndombele.

But then the 'decent supporter journalist' goes on twitter and makes a snide tweety about it. Hence not decent supporter , trying to work against the manager by trying to get an unnecessary comment out of im about ndombele.
I think he's just being a bit jokey about it. I'm not sensing much in the way of snideness. Exasperation maybe, but that's the lot of any journalist.

Hardly "rude".

If he's trying to protect and nurture Skipp (and Tanguy) then that's all that matters imo.

This is nothing like Klopp being a spikey cunt; Pep being a passive aggressive wanker or Nigel Pearson being outright aggressive.
Pep is a football genius, who helps players improve technically, but I'm don't think he's a good man manager away from football; hence quite a few City players wanted to leave this summer.
Klopp is able to get the players to die on the pitch for him.

Interesting that Wolves without Nuno are failing.

I cannot believe the acrid response to him. I think that it's because he wasn't their first choice. There was no free excellent manager and most wanted Rodgers but he didn't want to move.

GIVE THE BLOKE A BREAK

He has been given the job, Poch isn't coming back soon or ever, we sacked him.

Pep is a football genius, who helps players improve technically, but I'm don't think he's a good man manager away from football; hence quite a few City players wanted to leave this summer.
Klopp is able to get the players to die on the pitch for him.

.....And?

That has absolutely zero to do with how Nuno did or didn't speak to AG.

Well said. It’s like when Poch was drawn on players like Edwards & Winks. He heaped praise on them and gave the press (& possibly the players) an inflated impression of what they were/could be.
It’s a shit line of questioning from a supposedly Spurs friendly journo.
Fucking parasite like the rest of them. Used to be paid by the word. Now paid by the click.
Anyone fooled by “Spurs sympathetic “ journalists need to pull their head from their arsehole.
Exactly half the folk voting down posts pointing out how flawed it his with young players to hand out the "next big thing" label are missing the point. Let the kid fly under the radar for as long as possible. Ot did Winks Edwards and countless others no favours. Even Poch now acknowledges that its a mistake.

I wont lie. Didn't want him but the City performance did impress me. Let's be honest though it's been pitiful since and that's being kind.
First 20 minutes of that City game had me worried too.
We haven't played well for a whole match once.

Merse the mouthy prick was on Soccer Saturday earlier and nailed it. "They gave up against Chelsea, the fans won't be happy with that and if it happens again on Sunday, he's under pressure"

How is it a inane or clickbait question?
Skipp is a potential future Spurs captain, and it would be interesting to know Nuno's impression of the kid with regards to that.

Skipp is just as likely to end up on the scrap heap playing for Hull in a few years as he is a "future Spurs captain"
We've seen it over and over. And it always seems to be central midfielders. Carrol. Winks. Mason. N.e.Other

Skipp is just as likely to end up on the scrap heap playing for Hull in a few years as he is a "future Spurs captain"
We've seen it over and over. And it always seems to be central midfielders. Carrol. Winks. Mason. N.e.Other

"Might as well close the academy" - Matt1882. (c) 2020

Exactly half the folk voting down posts pointing out how flawed it his with young players to hand out the "next big thing" label are missing the point. Let the kid fly under the radar for as long as possible. Ot did Winks Edwards and countless others no favours. Even Poch now acknowledges that its a mistake.
It's a bit hot in here. For me, I am looking beyond specific questions he has been asked, and whether or not football journalists are the sperm of the devil. What I am observing is a man who looks and sounds like he might just be on the brink of a nervous breakdown. And that's not a good look. Dealing with the media is part of his job description. If he can't handle it, why does he want to be a football manager?

He has been dealt a terrible hand. He has listed all the problems we are having. But problems or no problems, there is something worrying about his personality. He's got no charisma. In the technical area, he looks like something that's been dug up for the day. You put a microphone in front of him, and not only does he not have the answers, but on top of his peevishness, he looks like he might burst into tears. How is he going to inspire the players?

Back
Top Bottom