Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
I don't get the Nuno hate?

A year ago he would have been a fantastic appointment? Had a tough season without Raul Jiminez and was left playing that kid who looked like a 14-year-old Greek statue upfront.

There seems to be this consensus that he's defensive? I definitely recall Wolves outplaying us on a few occasions and his work at Porto and Valencia wasn't based on defensive football either.

Seems like a really respectful bloke who has taken a Championship team to consecutive 7th place PL finishes. Just because he "parted ways" with Wolves doesn't mean he's not good enough for us.

He's smart and prem-proven, also not a maniac like Conte or Gatusso. Let's get behind him!

Last edited:
I don't get the Nuno hate?

A year ago he would have been a fantastic appointment? Had a tough season without Raul Jiminez and were left playing that kid who looked like a 14-year-old Greek statue upfront.

There seems to be this consensus that he's defensive? I definitely recall Wolves outplaying us on a few occasions and his work at Porto and Valencia wasn't based on defensive football either.

Seems like a really respectful bloke who has taken a Championship team to consecutive 7th place finishes. Just because he "parted ways" with Wolves doesn't mean he's not good enough for us.

He's smart, prem-proven, and not a maniac like Conte or Gatusso. Let's get behind him!

Dunno how true it is, but hearing lot's of chat that he's become rather demanding in recent times which is why a) Palace backed out of signing him this summer and also b) part of what led to his exit from Wolves.

Would be an awful appointment and just further proof that Levy is full of shit.

What was that nonsense in the chairmans message?

"As a Club we have been so focused on delivering the stadium and dealing with the impact of the pandemic, that I feel we lost sight of some key priorities and what’s truly in our DNA.

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining"

Don't let this lying snake get away with it anymore, he is a PROVEN liar.

If this guy wasn't out of work and available for free, does anyone seriously think we would even be considering him. I mean, seriously?

A genuine answer should tell you all you need to know about our owners

I don’t care what anyone else says, I won’t back him. That’s it I’ve had enough, fucking 9 weeks or whatever it’s been to end up with fucking Nuno.

I think he is decent to good manager but a bad choice for Spurs. Being a Mendes client should be disqualifying at this point for the club.

He will take a lot of attacking talent and make them boring and dull, but he will probably secure 6th with a chance of scrapping 4th.

I'm pretty down on him but not as much as when we hired Mourinho, so I guess that's an improvement.

That said, "we could do worse" is a bad defense of Nuno. Just because the managerial hiring process has been terrible doesn't really justify going with a candidate that is poor fit and more than a little like our previous manager tactically, who was basically run out of town, so to speak.

Last edited:
I think he is decent to good manager but a bad choice for Spurs. Being a Mendes client should be disqualifying at this point for the club.

He will take a lot of attacking talent and make them boring and dull, but he will probably secure 6th with a chance of scrapping 4th.

I'm pretty down on him but not as much as when we hired Mourinho, so I guess that's an improvement.
I agree, he could be good but the football will not be interesting, and I really am not a fan of 3 at the back system.

Had he been announced at the start, I would have accepted it. But to wait this long for Nuno is a terrible letdown.

I'd rather not have Nuno, he doesn't interest me at all. But until someone is given the job, we can't do anything. At this stage I'll take him so the preparation for this season can begin. Once things are in place then the focus should shift to Levy being fucked out of the club. Maybe someone with a bit more vision and looser purse strings can then come in and not be afraid to go get a manager that is better suited and shows higher ambitions.

I won’t boo Nuno just like I wouldn’t boo Fonseca if he joined, but both incredibly underwhelming appointments and once again we are being lied to by the bald fraud. Nuno was a free agent 2 months ago. If he were so great and wanted by us, why not get him then? Instead, we are desperately hunting around for managers like the pathetic club that we are and Nuno is that desperate fallback cheapo option. Levy’s managerial search as cheap and pathetic as his player transfers. I predict we will
Finish somewhere between 11th and 15th next season. The new Woolwich but without the trophies. Will be heading to Tottenham for the ENIC out protests when they get organised. #levyout #enicout

EtH mid shelf, Gatusso gutter ??

Shows you how fucking clueless you're are

Gatusso won Copa Italia and narrowly missed out CL spot to Juve by a point but he's below fucking Nuno and Potter??

Ten Hag CL semi finalist but he's Nuno/Potter tier??

It's a list based on how much I'd welcome them (I.e. in the actual spirit of the thread!)..... It's not meant to signify some deep critique.

Gattuso is a low quality human being that would likely blow up in our face.... I don't care about what home nearly did in Italy.

ETH comes with question marks but some visible up-side; much like the other guys I've middling interest in.

Besides haven't you 'quit' Spurs a few times in recent months? ......Why are you even here? Can't resist lurking about to revel in a good old melting session, no doubt. You're such a joy. 🤣

If this guy wasn't out of work and available for free, does anyone seriously think we would even be considering him. I mean, seriously?

A genuine answer should tell you all you need to know about our owners
If this guy wasn't yet another fucking Gestefuti member would we be considering him?

We were done the second Poch walked
If anyone still tries to claim that the success we enjoyed under his tenure was not entirely down to him, they need binning from here straight away.

Look at the absolute rabble we have become from top to bottom since the day he left. Complete and utter shambles.
Levy really has been exposed as the clueless, lying idiot he is.

If anyone still tries to claim that the success we enjoyed under his tenure was not entirely down to him, they need binning from here straight away.

Look at the absolute rabble we have become from top to bottom since the day he left. Complete and utter shambles.
Levy really has been exposed as the clueless, lying idiot he is.

We where also a rabble before he turned up.

Back
Top Bottom