Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Lots of folks saying his football isn’t interesting... they also said Fonseca wasn't interesting and Conte wasn't interesting. Do half of you folks sit around and watch 25 games a weekend? How in the hell are you so well versed in everyone's tactics?

I'm gonna back him. As Ali Gold said he has a great reputation for developing players.

I am however incredibly frustrated at Levys incompetence. He has wasted so much money yet continues to pay himself very well. He really should have backed Poch through his sticky patch. I have no doubt that if he had of backed Poch over the players (dross) we would be sitting here waiting to go into a Champions League campaign next season.

Lots of folks saying his football isn’t interesting... they also said Fonseca wasn't interesting and Conte wasn't interesting. Do half of you folks sit around and watch 25 games a weekend? How in the hell are you so well versed in everyone's tactics?

It's easy if you pretend. :)

This guy didn’t play players like neves at Porto just to lower their values and being easier to take them into the next club. I’m serious. This shithead never played Ruben neves while managing at Porto and after being fired and going to wolves, neves was his first pick to buy new players. Scum. The same happened at a similar level to boly and jota (even tho he was loaned from atlético he really never gave him a full continuous chance).

No one said Fonseca wasn’t interesting. He plays attacking football. He’s just not very good and his defence is usually very poor. A bang average manager.
Both Conte and Nuno play reactive, counterattacking football. This is known to even casual fans.

Most of us have watched Wolves many times under Nuno and it’s boring.

Fonseca I have no idea but is said to play attacking football but has a mixed managerial record, as for Conte he is a brilliant manager but very combustible and would probably not work under ENIC conditions.

I give up. Fuck this. Hopefully some bullshit happens so he doesnt sign.

Think we also somehow got fucked over with Mourinho and his buddy Mendes. Nuno is a big friend of his as well, the same goes with Fonseca as far as I know. Constant links to portuguese players and managers.

Such a dull appointment. Would have been underwhelmed in May but to wait 9 weeks for this is just unforgiveable. We were apparently so keen we were happy to watch him go to Palace 2 weeks ago. Not his fault though, he doesn't deserve the grief. Levy does.

At this point the entire process is such a shambles that whoever is appointed is not likely to be more than a temporary fix who will be gone in two years. So you make the roster moves you need to rid yourself of players who aren't adding value (and there are more than a few of those), get someone who understands defending to address the poor fundamentals there, and two years from now you get an elite manager into the position. I'm afraid it is two or three years of bad road before we see better days. That said, Nuno is not someone I'm excited about but I think he can come in and help stabilize things. Isn't it kind of sad when an elite club like Spurs has to settle for someone to come in and get us to 7th for a couple of years?

If anyone still tries to claim that the success we enjoyed under his tenure was not entirely down to him, they need binning from here straight away.

Look at the absolute rabble we have become from top to bottom since the day he left. Complete and utter shambles.
Levy really has been exposed as the clueless, lying idiot he is.
Levy is a thieving, lying scum mate - anyone defending him still should have a head-wobble

Last edited:
Already starting to see the brigade of defenders trying to get the "back the manager and get behind him" ball rolling to deflect from Daniel Levy and his incompetence, happens every single time.

Nuno is clearly a desperation appointment, he's been available for ages and doesn't fit the remit that Levy outlined in his end of season message.

And even though people are protesting otherwise because they are just looking for a reason to deflect and change the narrative around our chairman, he plays football that will not please our supporters and will not be winning anybody over, it doesn't take someone with vast footballing knowledge to figure that out.

I am pretty sure any decent Spurs fan will support him if we do hire him because we want the club to do well but let's not start acting like this is some sort of genius appointment or that Levy should be let off the hook for the shambolic way he is running things.

I give up. Fuck this. Hopefully some bullshit happens so he doesnt sign.
If it really is Nuno they are going after they need to get it over the finish line. We are a laughing stock around the world at this stage and if another appointment falls through we will become legendary for all the wrong reasons. We need to take the focus off this cluster fuck of a summer and just get the heads down to prepare for the season coming

You have to remember where we are as a football club at this moment in time.
Nuno, at least had EPL experience which is more than most other managers we've been linked with.
Let's see how this pans out...
You're right mate, we're shit! We don't have the stature to attract good managers, honestly, we should just be happy we're in the premier league tbh, sick of all these people with their expectations and wanting to see our club do better, spoilt brats the lot of them!

Let's see how it pans out, hope for the best, be patient, be positive, give him time, it's a project, etc etc.

With any luck we will finish in the top 5 and above West Ham and the Scum, what a result that would be for us huh?

Already starting to see the brigade of defenders trying to get the "back the manager and get behind him" ball rolling to deflect from Daniel Levy and his incompetence, happens every single time.
Yup - usual paid bots

Apparently if you don't like it - you should 'fuck off and go support City'. We are doing it the right way here,

Back
Top Bottom