Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Lots of folks saying his football isn’t interesting... they also said Fonseca wasn't interesting and Conte wasn't interesting. Do half of you folks sit around and watch 25 games a weekend? How in the hell are you so well versed in everyone's tactics?
I know, lets all pretent he plays attacking, entertaining football and encompasses the DNA Mr Bullshit was talking about

tenor.gif

Already starting to see the brigade of defenders trying to get the "back the manager and get behind him" ball rolling to deflect from Daniel Levy and his incompetence, happens every single time.

Nuno is clearly a desperation appointment, he's been available for ages and doesn't fit the remit that Levy outlined in his end of season message.

And even though people are protesting otherwise because they are just looking for a reason to deflect and change the narrative around our chairman, he plays football that will not please our supporters and will not be winning anybody over, it doesn't take someone with vast footballing knowledge to figure that out.

I am pretty sure any decent Spurs fan will support him if we do hire him because we want the club to do well

Then why your opening tirade about people's motive being to protect Levy?

but let's not start acting like this is some sort of genius
appointment
Literally no-one has though.

that Levy should be let off the hook for the shambolic way he is running things.

If not seen any suggestion of this either....

The general tone is is that people would be underwhelmed by Nuno.

Wouldn't you be better served to reserve your ire for Levy rather than inventing reasons to growl at other fans?

I guarantee that we'll get some bullshit statement from Levy, Paratici or Nuno maybe all 3 about how he wants to be playing attacking, entertaining football. It will be as meaningless as Mourinhos saying how he'd changed and discovered new methods of playing. Managers will always revert to what they know.

If it really is Nuno they are going after they need to get it over the finish line. We are a laughing stock around the world at this stage and if another appointment falls through we will become legendary for all the wrong reasons. We need to take the focus off this cluster fuck of a summer and just get the heads down to prepare for the season coming
You arent wrong. We had so much fucking time for this appointment and we end up with just an equally shit manager as Mourinho.

But I'd still try to get somebody who actually plays football. Valverde, Kovac, R. Schmidt, Bielsa, Potter, Rangnick, Löw and to some extent Ten Hag (because of Ajax strength in the domestic league). Of course, not everyone from these would be interested. But nobody can tell me we wouldn't have a chance trying to sign one of them.

Nuno is just another manager in a long list of managers, which dont seem to have any idea, tactics and evolution in their coaching. Mourinho, Ancelotti, Southgate, Martinez, Ranieri, Hodgson, Gattuso, Allardyce, Benitez, Allegri, de Boer... the list goes on. Its just my opinion, these coaches are in top football by alot of luck and connections.

Then why your opening tirade about people's notice being to protect Levy?

Literally no-one has though.

If not seen any suggestion of this either....

The general tone is is that people would be underwhelmed by Nuno.

Wouldn't you be better served to reserve your ire for Levy rather than inventing reasons to growl at other fans?
Because that's all it is, why would anyone take any positives from this appointment if they aren't just trying to deflect from the chairman's failures?

It's blatantly obvious at this point, not even subtle, the people defending this appointment are the same ones who always REFUSE to ever hold the chairman accountable, it's a running theme.

You've not seen any suggestion of Levy being let off the hook? LOL. Come on now, let's not pretend like people aren't deflecting when it's completely transparent and obvious.

If we hire Nuno it goes against everything the chairman said he was looking for in his end of season message, the same message people said he had "finally admitted he was wrong" in and was "going to change."

He hasn't changed, this entire managerial hunt has been an exercise of failure, anybody finding "positives" from this appointment is literally part of the problem, so I will growl at those fans because those fans are the ones that keep allowing Levy to get away with making poor decisions, that keep making excuses and deflecting and keep allowing this cycle to continue.

And as you will notice, the people who like and agree with your post will be the same ones that defend ENIC and Levy in EVERY single thread imaginable.

Because that's all it is, why would anyone take any positives from this appointment if they aren't just trying to deflect from the chairman's failures?

It's blatantly obvious at this point, not even subtle, the people defending this appointment are the same ones who always REFUSE to ever hold the chairman accountable, it's a running theme.

You've not seen any suggestion of Levy being let off the hook? LOL. Come on now, let's not pretend like people aren't deflecting when it's completely transparent and obvious.

If we hire Nuno it goes against everything the chairman said he was looking for in his end of season message, the same message people said he had "finally admitted he was wrong" in and was "going to change."

He hasn't changed, this entire managerial hunt has been an exercise of failure, anybody finding "positives" from this appointment is literally part of the problem, so I will growl at those fans because those fans are the ones that keep allowing Levy to get away with making poor decisions, that keep making excuses and deflecting and keep allowing this cycle to continue.

Please show me who has called it a "genius" move?

Please show me who's motive is to defend Levy?

You don't need to reply with another mini-essay tirade.... Just evidence.👍

You arent wrong. We had so much fucking time for this appointment and we end up with just an equally shit manager as Mourinho.

But I'd still try to get somebody who actually plays football. Valverde, Kovac, R. Schmidt, Bielsa, Potter, Rangnick, Löw and to some extent Ten Hag (because of Ajax strength in the domestic league). Of course, not everyone from these would be interested. But nobody can tell me we wouldn't have a chance trying to sign one of them.

Nuno is just another manager in a long list of managers, which dont seem to have any idea, tactics and evolution in their coaching. Mourinho, Ancelotti, Southgate, Martinez, Ranieri, Hodgson, Gattuso, Allardyce, Benitez, Allegri, de Boer... the list goes on. Its just my opinion, these coaches are in top football by alot of luck and connections.
Yeah totally. I don't want Nuno at all, he is slightly more acceptable than others that were linked but that's not exactly praise. If we pull out of this I think we are looking down the list, not up. It's embarrassing beyond belief.

What a pathetic appointment this would be. Let's save everyone some time, pay him to go on gardening leave, and move on to hiring his replacement three months from now.

Please show me who has called it a "genius" move?

Please show me who's motive is to defend Levy?

You don't need to reply with another mini-essay tirade.... Just evidence.👍
Do I really need to provide evidence of that? I mean, literally a blind man could see who on here has motives to defend Levy.

You want me to actively go and search through post history to show you pro-levy stances of certain posters and then show the correlation of the same people trying to take positives from Nuno?

I think it's pretty obvious to see, nobody has called it a genius move but the suggestion that this appointment is anything but scattergun is laughable to me.

Nuno is a desperation hire if I have ever seen one.

Provide ME with evidence that certain posters don't have pro-levy bias and don't defend him at every single opportunity? Also provide me with evidence that these same people aren't trying to put a positive spin on this appointment.

Do I really need to provide evidence of that?

Yes, because they were the claims you made.

If it's worth growling at; name names... Have the debate.

I mean, literally a blind man could see who on here has motives to defend Levy.

You want me to actively go and search through post history to show you pro-levy stances or certain posters and then show the correlation of the same people trying to take positives from Nuno?

I think it's pretty obvious to see, nobody has called it a genius move but the suggestion that this appointment is anything but scattergun is laughable to me.

Nuno is a desperation hire if I have ever seen one.

Right then..... So you admit you were chatting shit then. 👍

Back
Top Bottom