Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Bunch of drama queens on here. This is not Jose 2.0.

We will be fine and finish 5th/6th.

We need a couple years to weed out the shit squad players and steady the ship and then we can sack Nuno off for whatever "superstar" manager is around at the time. (Levy is probably waiting for the first chance to get Poch back in anyway).

Get Nuno in and let Patrici get to work rebuilding this squad as that is far and away the priority right now.
Let’s see how it goes

Not my first or second or third choice but I'll support him and hope he learned from his failed Wolves season.

Maybe with better players, higher expectations and a fresh start he will change his ways.

He's obviously a smart guy, seems very likeable and deserves our support. Hate Levy but don't take it out on Nuno.

I wonder if those of you who backed Levy and shat on Poch when ENIC failed to fund a single transfer for a year and a half are feeling ashamed of yourselves this morning?

I'm a wolves fan and can confirm that since we lost to Watford at Wembley, the football has been turgid, dire, boring.

Only one game plan. 10 men behind the ball, and when we have the ball give it to Adama.

Nuno insisted on a small squad because he's a poor man manager (see Aboubakar / Marega at Porto, what happened at Valencia, Cutrone, MGW at Wolves) and can't handle it when we got injuries.

Set pieces - rather than swing the ball in to 6'5" Willy Boly, we relentlessly played short corners and didn't beat the first man with the resultant cross, so didn't even commit bodies forward for set pieces. This didn't change. We had zero attacking threat from set pieces.
Burnley took 3 players out of the box to mark the short corners option. Yes they triple marked him. We still played the short corner.

The worst part? He'd select the same players week in week out, same formation week in week out, same short corners week in week out, then he'd talk about the need to find solutions in every single press conference. He never changed anything.

Breaking down teams that were better than us? Yeah we did that to good effect, but look at results against teams that weren't actively trying to beat us and sat back.

From 2019/20 - 2020/21 end.
West Brom - 1D 1L
Burnley - 2D 2L
Palace - 2W 1D 1L
Newcastle - 4D
Southampton - 2W 2D
Brighton - 1W 3D - win was due to a red card.
Chorley - 1-0 win in cup but they absolutely battered us.

The poor results were purely tactical, in quite a few of these games we got lucky - Southampton smacked us in those wins but VAR helped us.
Brighton, were all over us until a silly red card, even then we didn't push for a winner against their 10 men.
Newcastle - late goals to salvage points but he was consistently tactically outclassed by Steve Bruce, even when he was at villa.

Results against these types of team define Spurs' season, they're not relegation 6 pointers, these are expected wins. Teams sit back, drop points against Burnley and you pray the same happens to the teams around you.

10 years we waited for revenge against West Brom. Local rivalry. Last time we played they smacked us and started the spiral that ended with us in league 1. This time it's their worst squad in decades and our best squad, full of internationals and seasoned players.

Nuno didn't even get them fired up. It was absolutely pathetic. Cowardly performance, sit back and watch big Sam dick us with a long ball bombardment.

You can't have ever watched us for 90 minutes against a non top-6 team, because we were just awful.

whilst I appreciate the detailed response on Nuno, I think this post sounds extremely bitter. I’m no fan of him coming and certainly feel it’s a very underwhelming appointment, but surely you need to show a little more respect ? The guy got your club promoted and had you finish in the top 7 twice which is your highest ever Premier league finishes and got you in the Europa quarter finals too. For a club that is relatively small like Wolves, this is some job he’s done. Yes, agreed you were poor last season in comparison but anyone would be if you lost your best player to injury. Jimenez to you is like Kane to us. He is your star player. This is in no way Nuno is going to be great, but I think your post comes across as incredibly ungrateful. From what I have seen on Wolves forums, they are all upset he’s coming to us as they don’t want another premier league club with him in charge. He really can’t be thought of that badly then like you seem to convey.

whilst I appreciate the detailed response on Nuno, I think this post sounds extremely bitter. I’m no fan of him coming and certainly feel it’s a very underwhelming appointment, but surely you need to show a little more respect ? The guy got your club promoted and had you finish in the top 7 twice which is your highest ever Premier league finishes and got you in the Europa quarter finals too. For a club that is relatively small like Wolves, this is some job he’s done. Yes, agreed you were poor last season in comparison but anyone would be if you lost your best player to injury. Jimenez to you is like Kane to us. He is your star player. This is in no way Nuno is going to be great, but I think your post comes across as incredibly ungrateful. From what I have seen on Wolves forums, they are all upset he’s coming to us as they don’t want another premier league club with him in charge. He really can’t be thought of that badly then like you seem to convey.

Wolves may not be a huge club like Liverpool but my understanding is they are a very well funded one and in modern times that is more important than anything else.

He will probably use a very similar XI to what Ten Hag, Nagelsmann, Potter, Conte would have used because outside of the CBs there is a pretty clear set of players to start, but the way he's going to use them tactically is going to be sub-optimal based on his time at Wolves.

his career is amazing. Always falling upwards. Being Mendes pal really compensates.

he started his career at rio ave, a team that is equivalent to the lets say Aston Villa in Portugal. Finished mid table and took them to two cup finals where he lost.

after this went to Valencia. Yeah. From a mid table Portuguese team after doing just fine went to arguable the 3/4 biggest team in Spain. Did well first season but was a disaster in the second one. And was fired shortly

then went to Porto. Another case of falling upwards. Was a disaster. A meme manager. Playing cautious football when he had some great attacking players like Andre Silva, diogo jota, corona, brahimi etc didn’t win a pot to piss in and was fired

then went to wolves. Very surprisingly at first because they are in tier 2 but after seeing the players they bought in all became clear. This cunt frozen out plays like boly and Ruben neves at Porto and took them for sale prices to Wolves. This shit I can’t forgive. It was done on purpose by him and his mate. Did very well there first while playing always cautious football. Was basically sent away and fell in a much bigger club again. This guy

Why support him? He is a fucking Mendes rat.

Get him in and then get him out
I'll neither back him or attack him. I'm now impervious to anything relating to Spurs until the digusting, exploiting, lying rats destroying my club are out on their arses.

My involvement with Spurs is now limited to being an annoying little bitchcunt on this forum until the glorious freedom day arrives

49e676262d7097eefa7ef2d6c6827941.gif

If he comes in then so be it.

No one thought Southgate or Soljskaer would be any good.

He knows the Prem and its demands.

THFC all that matters. We need the stability of an appointment.

Back
Top Bottom