Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Much like has been said about Jose; the past is the past.

People will no doubt wank off about how much Everton spend this summer (as usual)... I'd happily have a bet we finish above them (& Rafa) as always.

Even if so, it doesn't make Santo a good appointment. We're scraping the barrel. Yeah, he did well to get Wolves promoted. But with the players they have, his last year in charge was shocking.

We're a mid-table team with a mid-table manager. Brilliant.

Even if so, it doesn't make Santo a good appointment. We're scraping the barrel. Yeah, he did well to get Wolves promoted. But with the players they have, his last year in charge was shocking.

We're a mid-table team with a mid-table manager. Brilliant.

That's not what's I'm questioning..... You said you'd rather Rafa.

It's almost as if the anti Levy cult want Nuno to fail.
And so it begins....

tenor.gif

I like the guy personally, he seems a fun chap who will command some love but it’s difficult to get over how Wolves have played the last 2 season stylistically.

The only positive is I don’t have any expectations other than not being relegated, so anything above that including half decent watchable football and he will have done better than I expected.

Still seems a very bizarre appointment on the face of it even when compared to the likes of Eddie Howe and certainly Potter or Ten Hag. I hope the club at least back him, hard enough being an underwhelming appointment and not getting support.

These are not points I've debated though......

Okay. In my opinion, both Benitez and Santo would have been lackluster appointments. But we are where we are and we're scraping near the bottom of the barrel. But at least Benitez has had teams in Champions League football and has played in some big, big games. Santo hasn't.

I can separate my feelings towards ENIC/Paratici and my feelings towards Nuno. He’s not near my first choice, but I do back him. While the style makes me nervous, I do think he might just have the right type of personality to start cleaning this mess up.

In fairness we need to realise where we are, we have no money to spend other than what Kane’s sale will bring in. He has a good record of buying players unlike Eddie Howe…

He got wolves promoted in style and had two 7th place finishes, last season went pear shaped when the striker got injured, and he knows the premier league unlike most managers we are linked with

Much like has been said about Jose; the past is the past.

People will no doubt wank off about how much Everton spend this summer (as usual)... I'd happily have a bet we finish above them (& Rafa) as always.
Right now I reckon we'll finish below the usual suspects, as well as Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Woolwich and Leeds, in no particular order.

I can't believe there are people that actually think we might scrape 4th, and that the worst that might happen is 6th.

Not as melty as some of the divs on here tbf.
Come on. This search has been an utter shambles and after 10 weeks we've appointed someone we could have had 5 weeks ago, who we were so interested in 3 weeks ago we were happy for him to go to Palace. You can't gloss over this and accuse people of melting. Fans have a right to be angry. The lack of leadership and direction would have seen heads roll in any other business.

Come on. This search has been an utter shambles and after 10 weeks we've appointed someone we could have had 5 weeks ago, who we were so interested in 3 weeks ago we were happy for him to go to Palace. You can't gloss over this and accuse people of melting. Fans have a right to be angry. The lack of leadership and direction would have seen heads roll in any other business.
Wasting your time mate

Back
Top Bottom