Oh Sandro you do make me LOL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smoked Salmon said:
Great stuff.

Refreshing to see players who aren't playing still in good spirits.

Allow me to be sceptical, but I think i'd be in pretty good spirits too if I had the weekly wage packet of Bentley or Gomes

loved the way sandro celebrated the 2nd goal [might have been 3rd, cant remember] after he had been subbed. good attitude.

Gio's aged judging by the last bit!!

...and good to see Bentley's feeling better now!

Gomes is SUCH an oddball isn't he?? the most UN-Brazilian Brazilian ever!!!!

a good watch at this stage of the season... the players look relaxed, and like proper TEAM-mates which could prove invaluable in the remaining few weeks of the season, when you take into account the type of in-fighting and player friction that is evident at CERTAIN OTHER CLUBS!!

NO1JIB said:
loved the way sandro celebrated the 2nd goal [might have been 3rd, cant remember] after he had been subbed. good attitude.

It's the measure of the man... SUPPORTING your team-mates even when you're not on the pitch speaks volumes about his attitude, he could've gone straight down the tunnel and sulked, but I'm pretty sure that's not even in his DNA!

For what its' worth, I think one of the major factors that can endear a player to the supporters is CELEBRATING A GOAL LIKE A FAN, rather than posturing and strutting and looking 'moody'... fuck that, I wanna see players go fucking mental when they, or the team score, after all, it's THEIR team as much as ours while they're here playing FOR THE SHIRT!! Good on yer Son...dro, Sandro!!

duspurs said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Great stuff.

Allow me to be sceptical, but I think i'd be in pretty good spirits too if I had the weekly wage packet of Bentley or Gomes
You can turn that on it's head and say that if you had a wage package like that and weren't playing you may not have a wage package like that for many more years.

Smoked Salmon said:
duspurs said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Great stuff.

You can turn that on it's head and say that if you had a wage package like that and weren't playing you may not have a wage package like that for many more years.

True, I do feel sorry for our fringe players (Bentley, Gomes, Dos Santos et al.) who have to train with the big boys every day of the week, yet have to resign to the fact that they won't be playing at the weekend. I'm sure the main reason for them playing professional football today is because of their love of playing football, it can't be 100% about the money!

1882 said:
NO1JIB said:

It's the measure of the man... SUPPORTING your team-mates even when you're not on the pitch speaks volumes about his attitude, he could've gone straight down the tunnel and sulked, but I'm pretty sure that's not even in his DNA!

For what its' worth, I think one of the major factors that can endear a player to the supporters is CELEBRATING A GOAL LIKE A FAN, rather than posturing and strutting and looking 'moody'... fuck that, I wanna see players go fucking mental when they, or the team score, after all, it's THEIR team as much as ours while they're here playing FOR THE SHIRT!! Good on yer Son...dro, Sandro!!
I'm pretty sure I remember when we'd signed him but he was finishing off the Copa with Internacional, that he was at one of our games and spotted joining in chanting "yid army" - Not sure if that story had any merit but if it did that's fucking awesome.

Back
Top Bottom