OK, can we calm down now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes it's only September, but who know's how much any of the 1-6 available points from these two games will affect our standing come the end of the season?

Losing at "home" to the dippers is a kick in the fucking bollocks, end of. Having to put up with those smug, self-righteous pricks on social media and at work is punishment enough, but letting them walk all over us in a game that could have easily matched the trouncing we had under AVB takes the piss.

Time for the players and manager to pull their fingers out - yes we usually start slow, but we really can't afford to give up any more ground; we're in a season where the "race for the top four" could be one of the closest in years.

I think we had 8 points after 5 games last year & that didn’t turn out too badly. We are way off our best right now. I’m not losing patience just yet, but the manner of defeat yesterday leaves a very nasty early season taste.

For me yesterday’s result was far worse than the Watford result.
We had the perfect chance to stop the Scouse Noshfest and set down our own marker. Liverpool were really bad and we could have and should have won that comfortably.
Had we beaten Watford everyone would have been saying that it’s no big deal as it’s watford.
Beat Liverpool and it would have been a different story.

That aside, the performance against Liverpool was pathetic, there were no good spells and hardly any chances created, against Watford we were ok in spells and did create chances.

I really am still baffled as to why we played so badly yesterday. I really can’t think of a performance as bad as that since the boy Timmy or AVB was in charge.
Basic football skills and lack of effort cost us that game and we were lucky we didn’t get embarrassed even further with a 6-0 scoreline.

Last year when I turned on Dele and Wembley and the crap results against Swansea and Burnley, people were saying "its only September"...

I dont expect the title. But not one person here will not look back to yesterday and Burnley if we lost the PL, or top 4 by a point. I thought we'd learned our lesson with starting slow and pissing points away.
Sept 2017

Not many were that concerned by our slow start, and most were calling me a melt. As it happens, this season we have one more point after 5 games than last year.

So why are more people so outraged this season?

These dropped points may cost us, but Im more annoyed we gave a shit Liverpool team a free pass to bask in some false glory. We were shit, but they were world class for beating us? Doesnt make sense.

Lots of theories about trouble in the squad etc, Im not getting into that. We'll improve soon enough and go on our annual 18 game unbeaten run soon, but its a shame we are playing poorly, more than dropping points.
Id be happier if we lost yesterday, while showing our quality.

For me yesterday’s result was far worse than the Watford result.
We had the perfect chance to stop the Scouse Noshfest and set down our own marker. Liverpool were really bad and we could have and should have won that comfortably.
Had we beaten Watford everyone would have been saying that it’s no big deal as it’s watford.
Beat Liverpool and it would have been a different story.

That aside, the performance against Liverpool was pathetic, there were no good spells and hardly any chances created, against Watford we were ok in spells and did create chances.

I really am still baffled as to why we played so badly yesterday. I really can’t think of a performance as bad as that since the boy Timmy or AVB was in charge.
Basic football skills and lack of effort cost us that game and we were lucky we didn’t get embarrassed even further with a 6-0 scoreline.

So which is it. Liverpool were really bad, or Spurs was lucky to not get beaten 6-0?

Back
Top Bottom