Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Norwich fan here:

Point 1: Thanks for alerting to Sky Bet 20/1 for him to make World Cup Squad. If he stays injury free and continues on current path, he's a shoe in. Cracking value bet (shame it's max bet £20).

Point 2: You have an absolute gem of a player. Alot of the plaudits to our campaign went to Emi Buendia, and as much as they were deserved, for a lot of more trained eyes, it was Olly Skipp that won the title for us.

His reading of the game considering his lack of experience was second to none. He has that extra yard of pace to chase the player that defensive mids/blockers often lack. He can pick a vertical pass, something Farke has really coached well into him and I have no doubt he'll be a first-team regular for you this year. He's also exactly the type of player that England currently miss. A player that can break-up play, control the game, and crucially play an incisive pass to the play-maker (Buendia, Grealish, Foden, etc.) rather than a side-ways pass.

At Norwich we've been lucky to watch a host of young players make their name recently (Buendia, Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell, Skipp etc.). He's a top player and you're lucky to have him. Jump on those skybet odds whilst you still can.

p.s for avoidance of doubt, he's lightyears ahead of Winks already. He's stronger, reads the game better, and controls the pitch better. No comparison.
Is Gilmour coming in to replace Skippy for you this year? Fat Frank had him playing regularly I seem to remember, but looks like he fell out of favour at some point. He looks like an exciting talent too.

You motherfuckers have bet too much on Skippy to make WC squad so now the odds have dropped to 12/1! Damn I got in too late :bergwijnconfused:

I sure hope this is just more clickbait from those hipsters at The Athletic. Sending off Skipp on loan again would be a PR disaster.

It is more clickbait, but providing we have enough cover in the squad theres’s no reason Skipp can’t go out on loan again. It depends on who we’ve got here and/or whether he’d get enough games with us to keep progressing.
The worst thing we can do right now is keep him here, but not use him. If he stays he has to play regularly otherwise he’s better off out on loan.

It is more clickbait, but providing we have enough cover in the squad theres’s no reason Skipp can’t go out on loan again. It depends on who we’ve got here and/or whether he’d get enough games with us to keep progressing.
The worst thing we can do right now is keep him here, but not use him. If he stays he has to play regularly otherwise he’s better off out on loan.

Ideal we'd see Skip kick on from here, but if we're playing the long-game and recruiting accordingly then him getting a good PL loan wouldn't be the worst move in the world.... HOWEVER, if that's the plan we seriously missed the boat not sending him back to Norwich (too late now; they got Gilmour).

Ideal we'd see Skip kick on from here, but if we're playing the long-game and recruiting accordingly then him getting a good PL loan wouldn't be the worst move in the world.... HOWEVER, if that's the plan we seriously missed the boat not sending him back to Norwich (too late now; they got Gilmour).
If we were in the CL we'd be talking about loaning him to a club like us in 7th.

The best place for Skippy is right here.

I don't believe the reports about a loan, but if it is true than it is absolutely insane.

If they try to put him out on loan, I would rightly think that he would be looking to get a transfer out. No doubt there would be a number of teams that would bring him in and give him a starting place.

Is Gilmour coming in to replace Skippy for you this year? Fat Frank had him playing regularly I seem to remember, but looks like he fell out of favour at some point. He looks like an exciting talent too.

Gilmour is a different type of player to Skipp, although both technically classified as playing in DM positions, Gilmour is more of a metronome type player in the mould of a Xavi for example. Skipp, although can definitely play that role, is more of a destroyer/physical, in the mould of a Busquets (keeping with the Barca theme).

So Gilmour hasn't been brought in as a direct replacement as such. It's likely we will be switching formations from our usual 4-2-3-1 to more of a 4-3-3 this season with a slightly different approach.

Back
Top Bottom