Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Either we play him or we sell him. No point wasting him on the bench or for 3 or 4 games a season when iceberg needs a rest. Same for Sessegnon. Neither are kids any more, play them regularly or there's no point having them.

Either we play him or we sell him. No point wasting him on the bench or for 3 or 4 games a season when iceberg needs a rest. Same for Sessegnon. Neither are kids any more, play them regularly or there's no point having them.

He's still only 20 so if we're not going to play him we have the option of loaning him out for another season. There's no need to think about selling him.
As I said earlier in the thread if we keep him we must play him regularly. He's still on his upward trajectory so he needs to be playing otherwise he's not going to keep progressing. If we can't give him the game time he needs then loan him out. I'm hoping he stays and plays though.

I fail to see any possible reason he shouldn't get gametime ahead of Winks. He couldn't have done much more on his loan deal and Winks has been absolutely atrocious for at least 2 years now.

If he doesn't start ahead of Winks it's just down to favouritism and seniority not ability or performance and that is no way to run a football team.

Loaning him should be out of the question right now. We have two terrible senior midfielders at the club who would need to be replaced with quality players before we could even consider a loan for Skipp.

As things stand he is already above Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele in the pecking order.

Loaning him should be out of the question right now. We have two terrible senior midfielders at the club who would need to be replaced with quality players before we could even consider a loan for Skipp.

As things stand he is already above Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele in the pecking order.
100%. would be nice if we was in a position to loan him to a premier league club but we arent! loaning him out while keeping winks and sissoko would be fucking ridiculous

100%. would be nice if we was in a position to loan him to a premier league club but we arent! loaning him out while keeping winks and sissoko would be fucking ridiculous
Loaning him out would be ridiculous, although like PEH he's not a defensive midfielder that we really need.

On Skipp-watch against Chelsea. I thought he grew into the game - and obviously it got easier for him when Kante and then Kovacic went off.

Showed good fitness for a guy coming off a significant injury - he never stopped moving / showing for the ball. Generally played it quickly and intelligently, forward when it was on. Decent, if not outstanding defensively, but that should improve as he gets more games. Agree with most he's already >> Winks and Sissoko. And noticeably more accomplished than he was pre Norwich loan.

I'd like to see Skipp-Hojbjerg-Lo Celso as our midfield 3.

We need to remember he has had one full season in the Championship and is still only 20 , I like the look of him but lets not go over the top with him.

I fail to see any possible reason he shouldn't get gametime ahead of Winks. He couldn't have done much more on his loan deal and Winks has been absolutely atrocious for at least 2 years now.

If he doesn't start ahead of Winks it's just down to favouritism and seniority not ability or performance and that is no way to run a football team.

Calm down ffs.... Winks isn't a starter (nor is Sissoko).... Winks started all our friendlies.... If he goes on loan it's with his development in mind.

Peoples hate-boners for Winks/Sissoko is muddying basic thinking so badly.

Back
Top Bottom