Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

"Skipp did limp off with a groin injury during England U21 win over Kosovo at Milton Keynes on Tuesday night, but his international boss Lee Carsley hoped it was not serious.

"I saw him on the treatment table with ice on his groin. He said there was a bit of stiffness there. We should know more tomorrow but Oli’s a robust player," he said."

:levystare:
“A bit of stiffness in the groin area” I remember those days

"I’m not getting too carried away," he told Spurs' website. "I feel there is still a lot of improvement that needs to come and will come with training in this environment every day.

"I can’t speak highly enough of the year I had at Norwich, how much they improved me as a player and a person, on and off the pitch, I’m really grateful for that year and feel I’ve come back a better player for that experience."

"It’s hard to put it into words, really," said Skipp. "As a Spurs fan, I’ve been to the games, watched players in my position, tried to learn from them, to then be out there wearing that shirt means a lot, to my family, to me.

"I remember walking out of the tunnel against Manchester City and that was one of the best atmospheres I’ve experienced. I remember thinking, ‘wow, this is what it means to everyone’ and what it means to me as well, growing up.

"You think of all those hours spent at the training ground trying to achieve that dream that, when you’re young, you think, ‘it’s never going to happen’, but I’ve managed to achieve that dream, so it means a lot.

"I've spoken to Japhet [Tanganga] about it as well, we’ve played together a lot over the years, since the age of 10, 11, and seeing him play as he did against Manchester City was amazing."

Back
Top Bottom