Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really good performance tonight..... Very mature for his age.

No lube required... Amirite, Adama?

Oliver-Skipp-3.jpg

What I liked was he repeatedly challenged Ndombele to do his job.
Ndombele bottled it. Repeatedly. But Skipp tried.
Captain material said JM.

Last edited:
What I liked was he repeatedly challenged Ndombele to do his job.
Ndombele bottled it. Repeatedly. But Skipp tried.
Captain material said JM.
Sorry, dumb question, how did he challenge him? Lots of communication? Yelling? Effing and blinding?

He should recognize this is the season to raise his game and make name. More games to come like the last one. His break out season. He's done his work and time. He's due.

Like Ndombele is supposed to be ?

I'm not sure he is. Wasn't he more of a belated Dembele replacement? His assist stats at Lyon never suggested he was an elite provider. He's a great ball carrier and very press resistant and will chip in with some assists, but an Eriksen he ain't, and was never meant to be.

Ideally you'd want someone like Hojbjerg or Skipp, a player like Ndombele and then an Eriksen type, or at least another midfielder who can chip in with goals/assists to some degree.

I'm not sure he is. Wasn't he more of a belated Dembele replacement? His assist stats at Lyon never suggested he was an elite provider. He's a great ball carrier and very press resistant and will chip in with some assists, but an Eriksen he ain't, and was never meant to be.

Ideally you'd want someone like Hojbjerg or Skipp, a player like Ndombele and then an Eriksen type, or at least another midfielder who can chip in with goals/assists to some degree.

He can't be trusted..... It's literally a case of shunting him as far fwd as possible or bust.

Ndombele & 'Engine Room' simply don't mix.

Back
Top Bottom