Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amos won't make it at spurs. Skipp very well could. Amos isn't better than Onomah and winks and is a pretty similar age to them. Then we have TOB breathing down his neck and then Skipp and Paris Maghoma. I think he'll end up going to a championship or league one club which is still incredible. Skipp reminds me of a cross between Kroos (his passing style) and Modric (his ability to receive a pass, make the game stand still and then find the best option). He's good with it at his feet too and pretty decent defensively. Definitely a lot to work with there and he seems like a pretty humble kid so won't take it for granted

Absolutely, Dele is exceptional though, I just thought Amos deserved a shout too, in a kind of Ryan Mason kind of way, you know when Poch gets his hands on them every day at training they get much better.
I think Mason would be a good comparison. Although Mason's main asset was an incredible attitude, which neither of us can comment on for Amos. Mason quality wise was found wanting for Spurs, and I think Amos will be too. But I hope I'm wrong.
Skipp on the other hand looks real quality, whether he can convert that into the the Premier League over the next couple of years is an unknown, and unknowable, but he looks promising

Nothing. I watched a few Vs videos of him after the game to get more of feel for the type of player he is, and Kante is who he repeatedly reminded me of. It's astonishing he's just 17.

Many reports I read from journalists covering youth football said Skipp is one of the best midfielders in the whole academy.

Re reading Poch’s book on holiday, & he regularly uses the word brave (its even on the back cover)
He values youth as he rightly says it’s easier to fill the bench with academy lads than big signings. I’m chilled this transfer window. Poch got this big time. And Skipp looks like he’s going to make the step up very soon.

very modricy.

should get some minutes in the league cup this season. but still some time before he can be an integral part of the senior squad
Agreed. Could possibly get some minutes at the end of some dead games in the league IMO. But this season should be more about bedding him in with the first team. Training with the team and joining them for game days just so he gets a feel for it and finds his spot in the group. Make sure he gets some minutes in the cups but if a spot shows up for a league game maybe capitalize on it

Obviously a risky thing judging a youngster on a few preseason games, but at first glance I think 4 or 5 teams in the prem would already have him around their starting eleven.

Looks a real prospect.

Back
Top Bottom