Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching that video, you really notice what Poch wanted him to do in that game. Everytime we were playing out from the back, he would slot in to the left side of a back 3 allowing the full-back to push up. So many scenes in that video, looked exactly the same.

He's funny to watch because I can't remember seeing another play who seems to be just a mass of flailing limbs every time he touches the ball. It's effective but he just looks completely out of control of his body at time.

It's like Holtby but with skills

First time I've heard him speak, I like him even more now.

He seems genuinely emotional about it all- was expecting him to sniffle up in that vid- and it wouldn't have made him any less manly if he did so. Really pumped about this kid. Just hope we can take a measured path with his development and not throw him into the deep end too soon.

He's funny to watch because I can't remember seeing another play who seems to be just a mass of flailing limbs every time he touches the ball. It's effective but he just looks completely out of control of his body at time.

It's like Holtby but with skills

D

Reminds me of Dietmar Hamann

Sounds like he's got something at the back of his throat. Will fit in with Kane :kanehand:
He has a bit of the Phil Jones about him... but that's not being harsh, 'cos despite his gangly frame and 'unlikely footballer' appearance, he seems to be the real deal at taking instruction and getting the job done.

George Marsh is a Ryan Mason soundalike if EVER I heard it!
Has he been taking accent/diction lessons from him in training?
Like the look of both of them... down to Earth, grounded lads...
Wish I could say the same for Reo Griffiths & Marcus Edwards!!
Just shows you that ability isn't all you need to get you there... application and attitude also play a MAJOR part!

Poch seems quite reluctant to put praise on him, possibly a lot more cautious after he bigged up Edwards at a similarly young age and the car crash that ensued. This kid seems very different though, much better attitude both on and off the pitch.

Not really sure why Amos got name checked by Poch over Skipp, who in my opinion has looked far better in pre-season.
Maybe because he's younger and there's more risk of his style not translating to the prem. Amos probably has a lower ceiling but is more likely to make it due to being so combative in a physical league.
Skipp is no slouch of course. I was very impressed with his tracking back and tackling.

Back
Top Bottom