Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK
Although they are playing a 4231 tonight, AVB's Marseille are good (non uber team) example of a team that have predominantly played a very conservative, risk averse 433/451 system, very successfully all season.
We ran that guy out of town, and his Marseille side are a tough watch. And we will run this Mourinho character out of town, too, if we have to watch much more of this shit, or haven't you noticed that we are being booed off these days?

I have never seen a football manager who looks less like a football manager. He has the air of a fucking antiques dealer. Standing there, wiping the crumbs of brioche off his cravat. The wanker. With his athletic fucking full-backs.

I was equally disappointed. I have honestly no idea. Being extremely generous (and optimistic) it could be he's trying to gradually build up his fitness. More likely though is that he wanted to play that wanky 442 with a CM2 and didn't fancy Ndombele would be lively enough for it.
Was it a 4-4-2 in possession? I thought it was just 4-4-2 without the ball?

Whatever about not starting him, to wait 81 mins to introduce him, when our midfield was so fucking sterile, was very troubling.

I think he actually reminds me more of prime Matic.

Which is probably why Mourinho rates him.

He's a much more mobile player than Matic, with a better passer range. The Kante and De Jong comparisons are the right ones. If we had a different type of manager, a Ten Hag perhaps, they'd build a team around him. Mourinho might talk him up but he'll never be his type of player. He'll buy a big lump in the Summer. If we're going to keep Mourinho, it's better for Skipp to move to a more footballing side.

He's a much more mobile player than Matic, with a better passer range. The Kante and De Jong comparisons are the right ones. If we had a different type of manager, a Ten Hag perhaps, they'd build a team around him. Mourinho might talk him up but he'll never be his type of player. He'll buy a big lump in the Summer. If we're going to keep Mourinho, it's better for Skipp to move to a more footballing side.

I'm going out on a limb to suggest that you don't rate Jose much do you? :D

It absolutely astounds me that Pochettino had the use of this kid for the last 18 months of his time here, and chose to put fucking clunkers like Sissoko and Dier in midfield week after week.

And it's taken Mourinho 4 months to play him.

It absolutely astounds me that Pochettino had the use of this kid for the last 18 months of his time here, and chose to put fucking clunkers like Sissoko and Dier in midfield week after week.

And it's taken Mourinho 4 months to play him.

He even chose a clearly broken Wanyama over him too.

Can Skipp be compared to Modric, by any of you people who have a far better in-depth understanding of the game than me?

To my uneducated eye he looks to have similar qualities, but maybe needs to work on developing long passes, to add to his repertoire?

Back
Top Bottom