Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can Skipp be compared to Modric, by any of you people who have a far better in-depth understanding of the game than me?

To my uneducated eye he looks to have similar qualities, but maybe needs to work on developing long passes, to add to his repertoire?

I’d compare him to Jake Livermore. Maybe Tom Carroll at best.

I’d love to be proved wrong but he doesn’t look particularly special. He’s got an engine, a habit of getting stuck in, and a progressive attitude when it comes to passing. All good attributes and I’d like to see more of him, but I just don’t get the impression he’ll do any better for us than the two I mentioned.

I’d compare him to Jake Livermore. Maybe Tom Carroll at best.

I’d love to be proved wrong but he doesn’t look particularly special. He’s got an engine, a habit of getting stuck in, and a progressive attitude when it comes to passing. All good attributes and I’d like to see more of him, but I just don’t get the impression he’ll do any better for us than the two I mentioned.

Jake and Tom are completely diff players. So who do you think he will be like? A lightweight Tom Carrol or more of a battler in Jake?

He is already past those players in ceiling IMO. He has the chops to be an England international and should usurp Winks.

Closest comparison I can think of is Scotty Parker in terms of what Skipp is looking to play like and bring to the table. Tenacious tackler who reads the game well and can contribute to progressive play through quick turns and capable passing.

Oliver, Oliver
Never before have we loved someone more
Oliver, Oliver
Won't ask for more when we know what's in store
There's a brand new pitch and a cockerel
And when we send him out
He plays like he is unstoppable

Oliver, Oliver
Lamela's right hip cured by Oliver skipp
He will rue the day somebody named him
Ol-i-ver

Bit shit I know :kanehand:

Oliver, Oliver
Never before have we loved someone more
Oliver, Oliver
Won't ask for more when we know what's in store
There's a brand new pitch and a cockerel
And when we send him out
He plays like he is unstoppable

Oliver, Oliver
Lamela's right hip cured by Oliver skipp
He will rue the day somebody named him
Ol-i-ver

Bit shit I know :kanehand:

It's on Channel 5 RIGHT now...

PROPHETIC!

Took it out of play doing it though, didn't he? Flash git, waste of a seat on the bench!

I'm joking if course, the pitch was way too narrow!! Had that been a full size pitch, he'd have crossed it for Kane to injure himself whilst scoring it!!!

Took it out of play doing it though, didn't he? Flash git, waste of a seat on the bench!

I'm joking if course, the pitch was way too narrow!! Had that been a full size pitch, he'd have crossed it for Kane to injure himself whilst scoring it!!!

You're not new to this are you? :pochsmirk:

I think Jose said that Skipp has been playing right back in training.
I guess with all the games coming up Aurier will have to sit out somewhere, maybe Skipp will get a start there.

I think Jose said that Skipp has been playing right back in training.
I guess with all the games coming up Aurier will have to sit out somewhere, maybe Skipp will get a start there.

Starting Skipp at RB when we've been crying out for a DM would be peak Tottenham.

Starting Skipp at RB when we've been crying out for a DM would be peak Tottenham.

I really would like to see Skipp given more time between now and the end of the season. I would really like to see Aurier not play another minute for us. I don't have any interest in seeing Skipp play RB for us.

I think the RB options should be Gedson, Toby, Cirkin or a back 3 with some like Gedson or Bergy in a RWB role. Skipp should be far down the list of options for RB, not that I think he would be any worse than Aurier just that I want to see him focusing on MF where he should be played.

Blimey. Skipp is already on the nose so the last thing he needs is to be sacrificed at RB.

We are desperate for a DM so might as well play him there and get some game time. Unless Jose is trying to prove a point to Levy.

Now is the time to experiment and take chances. Not game 1 next season.

Back
Top Bottom