Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Jose said that Skipp has been playing right back in training.
I guess with all the games coming up Aurier will have to sit out somewhere, maybe Skipp will get a start there.
Skipp, Gedson and Sissoko have been training as RBs to be able to back up Serge apparently.

Alternatively I guess we could field Toby as RB and Sess as a LWB and just mirror our regular lineup.

It still makes me laugh that people were getting excited at the prospect of foyth being our right back this season

How the hell have we got into the position where we have one right back and one left back in the entire squad

You would expect that from a cash strapped league 1 side on the brink of administration

Next season him and Troy have to go out on loan. 1 more year on the fringes will potentially make him the next KWP. We'll hopefully have a new CDM which means there's no need for him to be constantly on the bench not getting gametime
At a championship club he'd get game time..

Skipp, Gedson and Sissoko have been training as RBs to be able to back up Serge apparently.

Alternatively I guess we could field Toby as RB and Sess as a LWB and just mirror our regular lineup.
That is most concerning if true

Sissoko is the only one who can pull it off to a degree

I'd be happy to see Skippy getting few games in the row in C(D)M.
I am not actually convinced he will take this chance (he was not particularly impressive against Colchester for example), but as top 4 ship has sailed, then we don't have much to lose, do we?

But I quite strongly oppose the suggestion to use him in CM3 with Lo Celso and Ndombele...
That would mean that the youngster would have to do all of the defensive work on it's own in fast paced league.

Like it or not, but someone more discplined like Winks or Sissoko or even say Lamela instead of Lo Celso/Ndombele would give him much better platform / easier transition.

Hope he gets some minutes today.

Wow KWP has a motm match performance against City while Aurier is a weekly liability and still some will say he needs a year to be good enough. How effing bad does Aurier need to be before KWP playing at motm level against City is good enough for our team? The reasoning is insane. And now we are retraining young Cms to cover a position for which we have a motm level player which we refuse to play so we can keep playing a defensive liability? Shows everything wrong with out player assessment and scouting right now.

Im glad hes not out of favour.

His first appearance since his poor performance against Burnley where he got hooked at HT.

Now Jose has been reminded he exists, maybe a 433 with GLC and Ndombele.

EcwlX88XgAAEL4Y

I'd be happy to see Skippy getting few games in the row in C(D)M.
I am not actually convinced he will take this chance (he was not particularly impressive against Colchester for example), but as top 4 ship has sailed, then we don't have much to lose, do we?

But I quite strongly oppose the suggestion to use him in CM3 with Lo Celso and Ndombele...
That would mean that the youngster would have to do all of the defensive work on it's own in fast paced league.

Like it or not, but someone more discplined like Winks or Sissoko or even say Lamela instead of Lo Celso/Ndombele would give him much better platform / easier transition.

Hope he gets some minutes today.

No so, Lo Celso works a bit, and contrary to bullshit narrative, Ndombele does work too, he's just not a busy cunt.

Back
Top Bottom