Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Send him out on loan or something. He needs to play
I'm guessing that's what will (should) happen, especially if we get Hojbjerg.
That'll be 3 in front of him at least, Hojbjerg, Winks and Sissoko.

Whatever you think about their own individual abilities, Jose prefers them to Skipp.

He’s definitely better than Carroll and Mason. I kike his skillset a lot. I just don’t trust his development under this manager

Yea, gonna be a bummer not to spend next 4 years in his life just training.
Not going on loan, not playing for Spurs... gonna miss this brilliant and insightful tactics that has been deployed on all youth prospects after Winksy :D

Good news about the renewal, hope he'll do well with us. Wouldn't mind him getting some special insights from Scotty Parker - they are bit similar by the build.

Yea, gonna be a bummer not to spend next 4 years in his life just training.
Not going on loan, not playing for Spurs... gonna miss this brilliant and insightful tactics that has been deployed on all youth prospects after Winksy :D

Good news about the renewal, hope he'll do well with us. Wouldn't mind him getting some special insights from Scotty Parker - they are bit similar by the build.
Loooooooool why do you think any criticism of Jose is automatically bigging up Poch?

both are/were poor in their bringing through of youth

wow. Big statement to make. Why is he so promising Mate? Why more than them ?

Love this video of the Dutch youth team discussing his performance against them.

And there's the performance they're talking about.

Basically, he's very comfortable receiving the ball under pressure, turning with it and then actually playing it forward and breaking lines. All whilst being a busy cunt, getting round the pitch and putting in a tackle to win back the ball too.

There's plenty of videos online that show you what Skipp is all about - hard to judge in the sense that the videos are mostly pre-season for Spurs or at youth level with England or Tottenham so not the greatest opposition or level - but they do highlight what he's good at. It's all about him hopefully putting it all together, getting the vital experience and development needed to be a top player for us.

Here is video from pre-season against Juventus - again, it is pre-season, a slower pace so hard to judge 100% - but this is also the game I believe Tanganga got highly praised for when marking Ronaldo.

Last edited:
Hope skippy makes it with us. Anyone think he’s got something more about him than the Carolls, Masons etc of this world ? Anyone with more knowledge

Wrong to bringing up those 2 players.

Mason would have been really good for us, but by the time he was fit again to play, he was behind loads of MF in the pecking order. He got the winner away 1-0, can't remember, first 4 games one loss 3 draws. That win kick started the 2016 season, but he got badly injured scoring it.

Carrol was El Thursday Nightio fodder. Never better than that.

btw I like Winks a lot but I think Skipp will be better if he gets the chance.

His girl is a looker too
kieran-culkin-jazz-charton-getty-510x600.jpg

Wrong to bringing up those 2 players.

Mason would have been really good for us, but by the time he was fit again to play, he was behind loads of MF in the pecking order. He got the winner away 1-0, can't remember, first 4 games one loss 3 draws. That win kick started the 2016 season, but he got badly injured scoring it.

Carrol was El Thursday Nightio fodder. Never better than that.

btw I like Winks a lot but I think Skipp will be better if he gets the chance.

well it’s not really mate because they were both young Spurs products ( midfielders ) that showed promise, but never really achieved the next level or step up. Granted Mason got a bad injury, but he was still not going to be any better than a midtable player. So it’s pretty reasonable to make comparisons with Skipp and hope he achieves more than they did.

Can't understand how Winks starts ahead of Skipp

Experience, I imagine.

Worth noting though that Winks hadn't played a single minute of Premier League football at Skipps age - and Skipp has already made an appearance in 13 Premier League games, starting 4 or 5 of them.

We've done Skipp wrong if he isn't starting more and more Premier League games over the next 12 months.

Experience, I imagine.

Worth noting though that Winks hadn't played a single minute of Premier League football at Skipps age - and Skipp has already made an appearance in 13 Premier League games, starting 4 or 5 of them.

We've done Skipp wrong if he isn't starting more and more Premier League games over the next 12 months.
My problem with Winks is this.

He's lovely and tidy on the ball, a player that links up play and can take and receive a ball. That's it, that's his whole game. That's why Sissoko plays, he provides the disruption and the thrust going forward. In essence it's two players doing the job of one good DM.

Skipp clearly has a vastly better defensive side to his game than Winks and has proven he can link play up and has a nice range of passing.

Bringing Skipp in place of Winks would be like adding an extra man to the team because Skipp can win back possession and not resort to simply pulling back a player or letting them drift past him.

My problem with Winks is this.

He's lovely and tidy on the ball, a player that links up play and can take and receive a ball. That's it, that's his whole game. That's why Sissoko plays, he provides the disruption and the thrust going forward. In essence it's two players doing the job of one good DM.

Skipp clearly has a vastly better defensive side to his game than Winks and has proven he can link play up and has a nice range of passing.

Bringing Skipp in place of Winks would be like adding an extra man to the team because Skipp can win back possession and not resort to simply pulling back a player or letting them drift past him.
he's too safe that's why mourinho likes him. he doesn't take risks so always goes for easy passes

Fantastic news, both for him and us. I've been a big fan of his so I hope he just continues to develop and make a place for himself.

Like others have said, he needs time on the pitch so if Jose isn't going to give it to him he needs to go out on loan, and somewhere he'll actually get time to develop.

Good, now play him.

This is why getting Europa is important. Skipp, Sessegnon, Parrott, Cirkin, etc.. we need these guys to get regular minutes, so either loan them out or play them in the group stage and the League Cup, with occasional league appearances with the 5 subs available next season.

Back
Top Bottom