Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quick glance of social media and they absolutely love him. Nicknaming him "Three lungs" and many wish they could have him permanently.

Really good to see.

I think, on the whole, Skippy is making good decisions when to play it safe and when to play it forward. He can only get better as he gains experience and the whole team get to know each better. I just hope that he doesn't get pilloried if he goes through a bit of a bad patch.

He was honestly our best player until Kane got his shit together. His absence has been a complete disaster.

“With Oliver Skipp out injured with nasty deep cut on his foot from an accidental stud impact in training last Friday at Hotspur Way that required a lot of stitches. football.london understands that the impact shook some of the Spurs players in the session and had many looking away from the incident due to the unpleasant nature of the injury.

Skipp is currently unlikely to be back in time for the Premier League opener against Southampton on Saturday as the skin heals on his foot.”

:harrysmile:
FFS, factor in the rusty hacksaw and toilet duck that our medical "professionals" probably used to clean up the wound and he'll be needing an amputation before August is done...

:skipwtf:

Can't believe this guy is 17 years old---traveling the world with the planet's best football team and bossing the midfield against Barca. When I was 17 I was hanging out in the Taco Bell parking lot doing stupid shit and desparately trying to get a girl to let me touch her boobs.

Nothing's changed. Off to get a chalupa.
:walkercry:

Barely 18 years old. I'm not going to criticise any part of him. Had a hand in the important second goal and that's good enough for me. I was a bit surprised to not see him just sit in front of the defence though and instead play the role of the midfield two in front of Winks, but Poch knows best and all that.

He's clearly trusted and that's not only important for his development but it's important for his confidence. Not many 18 year olds start for a team competing at the top of the table.

Do you know how many 18 year olds have started in the league for Man City this season? None.
Do you know how many 18 year olds have started in the league for Liverpool this season? None.
Do you know how many 18 year olds have started in the league for Chelsea this season? None.
Do you know how many 18 year olds have started in the league for Woolwich this season? None.
Do you know how many 18 year olds have started in the league for Man Utd this season? None.

Yet we've started Skipp TWICE in the Premier League this season. Won both of them.

Those teams above have some pretty talented 18 year olds or younger at their clubs. Phil Foden, Ethan Ampadu, Calum Hudson-Odoi, Emile Smith-Rowe, Angel Gomes. Yet their manager hasn't trusted them enough to start Premier League games, even against lower teams and beyond Foden, Skipp plays in a harder position than all of them.

Away from the top clubs, some 18 year olds are given a bit more game-time but they're also ALOT more experienced than Skipp - you have Ryan Sessegnon over at Fulham who's been playing first team football since he was 16 years old. Of course there's also Morgan Gibbs-White over at Wolves who's started a whopping 3 games this season but has 20+ games to his name from previous seasons.

Trust the process.

Oliver Skipp in top right quadrant labelled 'secure on the ball and progressing play - perfect attributes - measured by 'Progressive actions per 90 minutesmins ' and 'Turnovers per 90 mins'.

ManCity were happy to pay £63m for Rodri ......... and Skipp seems to be improving every PL game he plays this season.

Back
Top Bottom