Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp for Sissoko next season would help with the HG if we end up selling Dele to PSG, would also open up another foreign spot in the squad , hopefully we can get poch to take Sanchez as well which would mean we have 2 foreign spots open !

I hope Skipp is playing well, but I have noticed a general trend of Norwich players being overrated.

Buendia is apparently incredibly creative, and linked with Woolwich now.
Aarons is highly rated, nearly went to Liv and now ppl want us to get him.
Godfrey was signed by Everton, and started quite a few games for them.
Jamaal Lewis was bought by Newcastle.
Cantwell was raved about for a while.
Pukki was their highest goalscorer, but too old to be a transfer prospect.

My only question would be, if 6 of their first XI as listed above were really so good, why would they get relegated so easily?

I hope Skipp is playing well, but I have noticed a general trend of Norwich players being overrated.

My only question would be, if 6 of their first XI as listed above were really so good, why would they get relegated so easily?
Funnily enough, Norwich probably would have done a bit better last season if they had what they have this year in Skipp. They played pretty attractive football and conceded goals very easily because they had nothing solid in central midfield and two centre backs I don't think are PL standard in Hanley and Zimmerman. Lewis and Aarons received very little cover from the wing players, especially Cantwell who is pretty poor on the defensive side. Pukki really tailed off after the first 8 or so games last season, missed a good chance nearly every game.

Buendia is a very talented player, though I think he's a bit of a rough gem. Himself and Aarons have the highest ceiling of the lot, I think. I really rate Aarons highly and think we should sign him. He has defensive issues to tidy up but he's only turned 21 this week.

Aarons is the Doherty we should have bought

Probably true although rumours were that Norwich were asking for something like £50m for him.

One thing I did spot though is that last summer a number of Spurs posters were unhappy at both Aarons and KWP as they were both short (Aarons about 5' 10'', KWP about 5' 8'' v Doherty 6' 1'') and relatively lightly built. So if rumours emerge that we might buy him, I suspect the same opposition will re-emerge with demands for a 6 footer.........like......erm.....Doherty !

Probably true although rumours were that Norwich were asking for something like £50m for him.

One thing I did spot though is that last summer a number of Spurs posters were unhappy at both Aarons and KWP as they were both short (Aarons about 5' 10'', KWP about 5' 8'' v Doherty 6' 1'') and relatively lightly built. So if rumours emerge that we might buy him, I suspect the same opposition will re-emerge with demands for a 6 footer.........like......erm.....Doherty !
Aarons is over rated he is the same level as KWP with.many of the same issues. Selling one to spend 50M on the other would be deeply stupid business

Aarons is over rated he is the same level as KWP with.many of the same issues. Selling one to spend 50M on the other would be deeply stupid business

3 successive MOTM's and Southampton on level points with Spurs currently, almost half way through the season, with KWP playing in all games so far.

Difficult to see us buying players from clubs doing better this us all the time.

But certainly wouldn't see us paying £50m or so for either.

3 successive MOTM's and Southampton on level points with Spurs currently, almost half way through the season, with KWP playing in all games so far.

Difficult to see us buying players from clubs doing better this us all the time.

Repurchase KWP for £50 million? Sounds like good business.

Three MOTM in a row, telling. First real full season as a first choice, such a shame.

Judging from their PL performances, KWP is much better than Aarons. Granted, SH are not Norwich, but KWP has had his best games against City and Pool when he was being challenged all game by some of the best attackers in the game. Aarons looked shell shocked much of last season.

A very fair question. If you watch the Norwich games, the level of play in the championship is a joke compared the PL.

Norwich have a well balanced squad and a well drilled system so everyone can look decent.

Three MOTM in a row, telling. First real full season as a first choice, such a shame.
If I recall correctly, he had two back-to-back MotM performances for us as well.

I’m not saying that as a sign that he can turn bad again, but he had quality with us as well. I wasn’t a big fan of moving him on when we did but couldn’t really defend his state of play with us either. He probably deserved more time, but the people who see him day in, day out decided it wasn’t so.

Oliver Skipp has been getting plenty of praise at Norwich, is there a temptation to bring him back this month or is it better for his development to stay and play matches?

In a selfish perspective it would be good to bring him back now, but we're not selfish. The players are very important. The future is very important, the best thing for him is to finish the season there.

Very successful loan for us and also for Norwich. We're very happy that he's playing and he's playing well. He's playing to win and to win titles so he has that pressure on him too.

He's playing two or three matches a week so there's also a physical development. Next season he's back, but we believe that for this season we think it's best for him to stay at Norwich and he's also very happy with that.

From Jose today.

Back
Top Bottom