Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho on whether he'd like to bring Oliver Skipp back​

"In a selfish perspective it would be good to bring him back now, but we're not selfish. The players are very important. The future is very important the best thing for him is to finish the season there.

Very successful loan for us and also for Norwich. We're very happy that he's playing and he's playing well. He's playing to win and to win titles so he has that pressure on him too. He's playing two or three matches a week so there's also a physical development.

Next season he's back, but we believe that for this season we think it's best for him to stay at Norwich and he's also very happy with that."

Oliver Skipp has been getting plenty of praise at Norwich, is there a temptation to bring him back this month or is it better for his development to stay and play matches?

In a selfish perspective it would be good to bring him back now, but we're not selfish. The players are very important. The future is very important, the best thing for him is to finish the season there.

Very successful loan for us and also for Norwich. We're very happy that he's playing and he's playing well. He's playing to win and to win titles so he has that pressure on him too.

He's playing two or three matches a week so there's also a physical development. Next season he's back, but we believe that for this season we think it's best for him to stay at Norwich and he's also very happy with that.

From Jose today.
Personally I think that's the right decision. He must be being filled with confidence and experience there. Much better than sitting on the bench or being a match day squad filler behind Sissoko and Højbjerg back with us.

And at least he won't miss out on the winning the league feeling when both Spurs and Naaaarch finish top of their respective divisions.

Personally I think that's the right decision. He must be being filled with confidence and experience there. Much better than sitting on the bench or being a match day squad filler behind Sissoko and Højbjerg back with us.

And at least he won't miss out on the winning the league feeling when both Spurs and Naaaarch finish top of their respective divisions.
Yeah agree , will be a better benefit next season for it.

All very true, but at the same time, championship football is a bit dire honestly, especially when you're playing for a side like Norwich, which even with a rash of injuries is rarely backs against the wall. It's almost too comfortable, a big plunge down the table and having to recover that, or being in the play offs would build a lot more character.

Oliver Skipp has been getting plenty of praise at Norwich, is there a temptation to bring him back this month or is it better for his development to stay and play matches?

In a selfish perspective it would be good to bring him back now, but we're not selfish. The players are very important. The future is very important, the best thing for him is to finish the season there.

Very successful loan for us and also for Norwich. We're very happy that he's playing and he's playing well. He's playing to win and to win titles so he has that pressure on him too.

He's playing two or three matches a week so there's also a physical development. Next season he's back, but we believe that for this season we think it's best for him to stay at Norwich and he's also very happy with that.

From Jose today.

Haah, okay, funny. I was thinking on the same lines as Mou. But with different conclusion.

Bringing him back now would be selfish decision. But everyone - look at our season so far. We have 2 gaping holes in the side, we do not have 3rd attacking player to pitch in for goals which makes us easier to defend against and we do not have a capable 2nd midfielder to use next to PEH who could defend and pass the ball well enough which makes it harder for us to control the games.

Skipp has got over 2000 minutes of playing time and is high on confidence. I cannot imagine him being worse then Sissoko.
Also if we'd bring him back and throw into mix, we would already know by the summer if he is ready for EPL football and then can say if it is sustainable idea to sell Winks and Sissoko both for example.

So unless we believe that we are able to find some other solution to our CM issue, I actually would be selfish in this instance. Cause if we go on like we have for past 1,5 months, we will not make it into top 4 and are risking loosing world class talents as Kane and Son in the summer.

I think he can be ushered in to the PEH role. Anyhow now even if he doesn’t make it with us he has an excellent season under his belt so in the worst case we’ll get a nice fee for him.
Though to be honest I think we need to be patient and in 2-3 seasons he’ll be a banger

I think the danger is Norwich get promotion and he wants to stay there and forces a transfer to Norwich.
Don't think there's a danger of this at all. Seems to love the club and has loads of attributes that will endear him to Mourinho. A loan to Norwich in the PL would be a good move for his development though.

Would be great to have next season in the PL with Norwich imo. New contract another loan would be best all round.
Yeah, I think - for his development - a year in the PL with Norwich on loan will be perfect. He’s not going to come straight in and play 38 games with us. He will likely play the majority of their season.

I would only want Skipp back of he was going to be a first team regular, otherwise he is better off getting game time at Norwich. Looking at out side I don't see how he doesn't get in it though, put him next to Højbjerg in a double pivet and push the team 10 yards up the pitch.

I would only want Skipp back of he was going to be a first team regular, otherwise he is better off getting game time at Norwich. Looking at out side I don't see how he doesn't get in it though, put him next to Højbjerg in a double pivet and push the team 10 yards up the pitch.
Sell Sissoko, give his spot to Skipp, that's more than enough minutes for a 21 year old.

Back
Top Bottom