Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's hope he's more Dier than Kane and he'll be safe here then
Naaah, personally I hope he’s just below world class, like Kane.
Dier should have stayed at DM, I’ve never said he should be a CB.

One things for sure though, whether he turns out to be like Dier, I’ll still support him, just like I will if he turns out to be like Kane.

I will also have zero problem saying “he played well” or “he played shit” depending on which one it was.

You’re still struggling with me not having an agenda I see.

One things for sure though, whether he turns out to be like Dier, I’ll still support him, just like I will if he turns out to be like Kane.

I will also have zero problem saying “he played well” or “he played shit” depending on which one it was.

Issue with Dier is his mobility for the role of DM, it’s ok if we play him and the manager says sit. Skipp is very mobile, he is a pure DM, bit like a young Scott Parker, let’s hope he ends up as good as him.

For those who have watched a lot of Skipp at Norwich this season , without our spurs tinted Glasses on do you think he will force his way into the starting 11 next season ? Or will he be a backup for Hjojberg? Everyone keeps saying our dream midfield would be Ndombele , GLC and Hjojberg so where does that leave skipp? Is he going to want to go from playing every week being a key part of a PL promotion to replacing one of winks or Sissoko on the bench?
I wonder if we get another midfielder in he we consider a further 6 months on his loan to see if he can put in as good performances in the premier league ?

Bro Diers flaws will be even worse in midfield when he can't see the whole game in front of him and has even less time on the ball and needs to be more mobile.

Me and you could have a 3 page cunt off before he could stop, lift his legs and change direction.

For those who have watched a lot of Skipp at Norwich this season , without our spurs tinted Glasses on do you think he will force his way into the squad next season ? Or will he be a backup for Hjojberg? Everyone keeps saying our dream midfield would be Ndombele , GLC and Hjojberg so where does that leave skipp? Is he going to want to go from playing every week being a key part of a PL promotion to replacing one of winks or Sissoko on the bench?
I wonder if we another midfielder will consider a further 6 months on his loan to see if he can put in as good performances in the premier league ?

I only watched Skipp a few times for Norwich and also in the CL game he played the second half for us so 2-3 games my view is limited.

He is very mobile and aggressive in defending, reads the game well and is able to provide a good shield for the back line, he can also drive and pass forward.

Hojbjerg is more a 6/8 hybrid player like Henderson and bringing what could be consider as a pure DM like Skipp in could mean us playing Skipp, Hojbjerg and Ndombele/Lo Celso if we want to play a more ball winning combative midfield. Give us different options.

I think he will do very well next season, really glad he got that loan.

I only watched Skipp a few times for Norwich and also in the CL game he played the second half for us so 2-3 games my view is limited.

He is very mobile and aggressive in defending, reads the game well and is able to provide a good shield for the back line, he can also drive and pass forward.

Hojbjerg is more a 6/8 hybrid player like Henderson and bringing what could be consider as a pure DM like Skipp in could mean us playing Skipp, Hojbjerg and Ndombele/Lo Celso if we want to play a more ball winning combative midfield. Give us different options.

I think he will do very well next season, really glad he got that loan.
I think he is going to be like a new signing! :mourbye:

Bro Diers flaws will be even worse in midfield when he can't see the whole game in front of him and has even less time on the ball and needs to be more mobile.

Me and you could have a 3 page cunt off before he could stop, lift his legs and change direction.
Guess no one saw him climb over 17 rows of seats in ten seconds and still have enough in the tank to start a fight

:dierno:

There is no question that Spurs fans have 'rigged' the Norwich MOM's ... no way was he there best player last night. Don't get me wrong he played well and made some crucial blocks and tackles which is his main role shielding the defence, but going forward he had a poor night just 76% of passes completed, imagine him in a Spurs shirt losing possession once in every four touches, we'd all be going insane.

That's not his norm at all he averages about 84% (by comparison Hojbjerg is 88%) he just seemed a bit 'off' last night, or to be fair to Brentford they were blocking off passing lanes very well, either way he was no MoM. Buendia was the standout player by a long way, at 24 he's suddenly found some blinding form well worth a closer look.
I didn't watch but disagree.

I don’t want to shit on one of our players, but why does Skipp doing well for a Championship side equate to being a midfield maestro in the PL?

When I watched him for us he struck me as a tidy footballer, but nervous and safety first, which is understandable. I know we hype our players and want them to do well, but is he as good as everyone’s saying?

You’ve got to pass your audition at Spurs not Norwich. Yeah, yeah I get the Kane argument.
Improved massively since then as he's grown in confidence and become more ambitious with his passing.

For me, our most exciting prospect since Dixon.

Don't include Kane in that as Kane was never rated that highly as a prospect.

I'd be happy with a Wanyama level of play from him eventually. Although I think he's destined to be better than that.

For those who have watched a lot of Skipp at Norwich this season , without our spurs tinted Glasses on do you think he will force his way into the starting 11 next season ? Or will he be a backup for Hjojberg? Everyone keeps saying our dream midfield would be Ndombele , GLC and Hjojberg so where does that leave skipp? Is he going to want to go from playing every week being a key part of a PL promotion to replacing one of winks or Sissoko on the bench?
I wonder if we get another midfielder in he we consider a further 6 months on his loan to see if he can put in as good performances in the premier league ?
I'll put my bollocks on the line and say Skipp will make 20+ starts for us next season.

I don’t want to shit on one of our players, but why does Skipp doing well for a Championship side equate to being a midfield maestro in the PL?

When I watched him for us he struck me as a tidy footballer, but nervous and safety first, which is understandable. I know we hype our players and want them to do well, but is he as good as everyone’s saying?

You’ve got to pass your audition at Spurs not Norwich. Yeah, yeah I get the Kane argument.

I don’t think he’s ever going to be Clarence Seedorf Joe, but the thing is, to be useful in this squad he only has to be better than the likes of Sissoko and Winks. And to be honest, I think he was already that two years ago.

Sure his early appearances he was understandably a bit more risk averse, but I didn’t see much nervousness and he wasn’t just being mr neat and tidy (though that is a big part of his game as a 6) take a gander at this through ball assist at around 3m30s in one of his first games:

He does have more than just neat and tidy in his locker

He's a defensive midfielder with good footballing ability. 20yo and one of the best players in a decent division. It would be very odd if we were watching the quality of his performances and not getting excited about his future with us.

Could be our Gigi Wiljandum of sorts. Might not get as many goals, but IMO should play more of a B2B ahead of PEH who should just keep it simple. Then Ndombele can be the creator in that midfield 3 and not have to focus as much on sitting.

At this point, I have to assume GLC doesn't exist. /S

Back
Top Bottom