Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t know if it’s ‘telling’ or skip flies under the radar, but bbc article on Norwich success this year doesn’t even mention him

Big interview, possibly the best loan spell ever from a young Tottenham player in my memory anyway.

We need him and Hojbjerg in a midfield tbh.

Exceeded all expectations - Skipp's performed excellently, slotted into the Norwich team like a glove and the Norwich 'collective' of squad, manager and coaching staff have been a revelation.

Big credit to all the Norwich people, but particularly to Oliver Skipp from a Spurs perspective.

Its easy to say he will come into Spurs squad as Hojbjerg's back up but I'd like to think he will be one of perhaps 5 players available to play in 3 midfield positions..... and hoping Skipp will get a fair share of minutes at Spurs, and pushing to play an even bigger part in 2022/23 !

Exceeded all expectations - Skipp's performed excellently, slotted into the Norwich team like a glove and the Norwich 'collective' of squad, manager and coaching staff have been a revelation.

Big credit to all the Norwich people, but particularly to Oliver Skipp from a Spurs perspective.

Its easy to say he will come into Spurs squad as Hojbjerg's back up but I'd like to think he will be one of perhaps 5 players available to play in 3 midfield positions..... and hoping Skipp will get a fair share of minutes at Spurs, and pushing to play an even bigger part in 2022/23 !
Considering the minutes the likes of Sissoko and Winks managed this season I'm sure Skipp will get plenty next season. I wouldn't bet against him very quickly cementing a place in the first XI either.

Championship finishes on the 8th May. I think this means Skipp would be available for our last 3 games. I remember Alex Pritchard was on our bench after a loan at Brentford had finished. If he is available get him in.
Why not bring him back now?
Norwich are promoted after all and I'd rather see ollie than winks or sissoko in the middle.

He's done so well this season, albeit in a strong team. But the real question is what happens next. The worst thing for his career will be to now come back to Spurs and sit on the bench for a season. Either he plays on a regular basis or he stays with Norwich for another year to continue his development.

Hopefully our new manager makes a decision early on so he can keep the momentum.

He's done so well this season, albeit in a strong team. But the real question is what happens next. The worst thing for his career will be to now come back to Spurs and sit on the bench for a season. Either he plays on a regular basis or he stays with Norwich for another year to continue his development.

Hopefully our new manager makes a decision early on so he can keep the momentum.
I think we should use him

Me too, but it depends on whether the new manager wants that to happen next season. I would hate to see him stagnate in Spurs limbo.
Agree but if we are going to rebuild properly, I would use him and expect some mistakes to be made as he learns.

That loan to Norwich will have done him the world of good and I’d like us to use him regularly. I mean, he would’ve done more than Winks!

Agree but if we are going to rebuild properly, I would use him and expect some mistakes to be made as he learns.

That loan to Norwich will have done him the world of good and I’d like us to use him regularly. I mean, he would’ve done more than Winks!
I agree. He is surely worth a place in the first team squad, then build from there.

Back
Top Bottom