Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My guess is it's another loan. Not the worst idea. He would get 35ish PL games at Norwich and then be ready to come to us.
If it was taking a significant chunk out of Max Aarons fee it mightn't be the worst move. (I've cooled on Aarons, but there's not a great selection of RB's out there.).

Skipp will end up a better player at seasons end if he plays 30+ games for Norwich. At the same time, I think come November we could be scratching our eyes out watching Hojbjerg. I do think Skipp will prove himself the better player over the next year.

We shouldn't be loaning Skipp, let alone selling him, until he's had a pre-season with our first team & whichever fucker is our new coach.
Otherwise, it'll be the same old movie and on deadline day we panic & sign a Stambouli-type clogger because "the squad needs another DM".
Keeping Skipp here over the summer is a no brainer.
And if it turns out that Norwich are using the cash from selling Buendia to sign Skipp, I'll be furious.

I don't think we can afford to sell Skipp, we have to few club trained players as it is currently or coming through the system.

Honestly I think another years loan might be best for the player. We will get a firmer view on if he is the real deal and he will get 38 Premier league games.

Any manager is likely to trust Hojberg more than Skipp anyway.

If he does very well he goes into our first team in 2022. If not, its great exposure for a decent transfer fee

Last edited:
Any manager is likely to trust Hojberg more than Skipp anyway.
I'm not sure that's true, and in any event we have a million games next year.

Get rid of Winks and Sissoko and you have a full-time position for Skipp, who is a better player right now than either of them. You didn't know if Skipp could be relied upon to provide what those two provide last year at this time. Now we know he can provide that and more.

If we loan Skipp for another year that is another player we need to bring in as PEH can't play as much as he did last and Winks and Sissoko can't be here any more. It would also be nice if it was someone who could push PEH, not just a warm body like Winksoko.

Even if Skipp comes in brining in another CM likely is a good idea anyways.

If we loan Skipp for another year that is another player we need to bring in as PEH can't play as much as he did last and Winks and Sissoko can't be here any more. It would also be nice if it was someone who could push PEH, not just a warm body like Winksoko.

Even if Skipp comes in brining in another CM likely is a good idea anyways.

All of Winks, Sissoko and probably Dele needs to go, so there are plenty of squad places up for grabs.

Dier too, if we have given up on his health.

As it is, we need at least 1 top level no 6 and one no 8 already. Plenty of room for Skipp.

All of Winks, Sissoko and probably Dele needs to go, so there are plenty of squad places up for grabs.

Dier too, if we have given up on his health.

As it is, we need at least 1 top level no 6 and one no 8 already. Plenty of room for Skipp.
On diers health? Ive given up on his very limited ability to play for us

We gave Winks 2000 minutes (roughly 22 games) and Sissoko 2500 minutes (28 games) last year and should be moving them on. Hojbjerg badly needed competition/resting in the latter half of the season. Skipp could stay here and get 35 games easily in all competitions. We need him here for squad depth and added quality.

How can Levy have the gall to write about using young players in his end of season message then let our best youngster go to Norwich before we even have a manager in place? Especially when Skipp plays in a position where the two worst players in our squad have been playing regularly?

The only situation where this would be acceptable is if it’s a loan to sweeten a deal for Max Aarons. Anything else would be Levy showing once again that he talks out of his arse. We cannot go into another season with Winks or Sissoko as important players.

Won’t be a loan. We haven’t got a penny to spend so anyone leaving should be viewed as a positive as it starts to create some funds

Back
Top Bottom