Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is far more quality than Sissoko and Winks. Neither would be able to do what winks did at the championship, simply because they can't fucking be bothered.

We need youthful energy and desire. Quality is still out to judge, but Skipp is exactly the kind of player we need injected into our limp midfield.

Madness to let him go. And just shows ENIC don't want to sell Sissoko or winks at the loss they need to swallow if they really do intend to shake the squad up with. Which they don't.
Problem is that Levy is a bit of a Winks Fanbois like a few on here

Skippy gives a shit unlike Wanks and Sissoko

Problem is that Levy is a bit of a Winks Fanbois like a few on here
Levy doesn't give a shit about any of the players.

He does think Winks is worth more than he is though.

All of that said, I do think there has been some degree of realization with Levy that there needs to be some squad turnover for its own sake, which I agree with. Let's hope he and Paratici can get it done.

Levy doesn't give a shit about any of the players.

He does think Winks is worth more than he is though.

All of that said, I do think there has been some degree of realization with Levy that there needs to be some squad turnover for its own sake, which I agree with. Let's hope he and Paratici can get it done.
He probably thinks Winks is the English Iniesta. That's what he's been led to believe.

Can't see us entertaining the sale of Skipp, I'd also be surprised if we loaned him out. If there's an opportunity in the market to bring in a good midfielder to play with or instead of Hojbjerg though, another loan to Norwich could be great for him. Playing every week in the PL would bring him on that bit more, he still has areas of his game that seem to be improving the more he plays ((mostly progressive passing and ball carrying)) ...

Like many of you, I watched him a lot last year and think he can be an very good PL level player, and that maybe his physicality is being a little bit overlooked. He has good technique, maturity and attitude, but it's his athleticism that makes me think he'll make it in our first team. Dollarstore Kante, the guy seems to be playing with four lungs at times.

I think the world of Skipp but we'll be very fortunate indeed if he becomes a player the quality of Rice.
Skipp has great mentality. Look at Kane at the same age - talented player, but few foresaw how far he could rise. There are signs that Skipp has similar determination and self belief. That can take him a long way. He has the potential to be every bit as good as Rice.

Back
Top Bottom