Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele can teach him how to overcome that...
How-restaurants-can-survive-cornavirus.png

Maybe. However, I think Winks and Sissoko will still be here this season (shudder!) which will provide numbers for rotation for Cup/Conference.

Gil for Lamela (which seems to be a done deal) will also boost the squad depth.

I don't fully buy the 'Hojbjerg was knackered' theory as he looked very good in the Euros.

Rumours Jose let them slack on conditioning big time, can't help.

Norwich fan here:

Point 1: Thanks for alerting to Sky Bet 20/1 for him to make World Cup Squad. If he stays injury free and continues on current path, he's a shoe in. Cracking value bet (shame it's max bet £20).

Point 2: You have an absolute gem of a player. Alot of the plaudits to our campaign went to Emi Buendia, and as much as they were deserved, for a lot of more trained eyes, it was Olly Skipp that won the title for us.

His reading of the game considering his lack of experience was second to none. He has that extra yard of pace to chase the player that defensive mids/blockers often lack. He can pick a vertical pass, something Farke has really coached well into him and I have no doubt he'll be a first-team regular for you this year. He's also exactly the type of player that England currently miss. A player that can break-up play, control the game, and crucially play an incisive pass to the play-maker (Buendia, Grealish, Foden, etc.) rather than a side-ways pass.

At Norwich we've been lucky to watch a host of young players make their name recently (Buendia, Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell, Skipp etc.). He's a top player and you're lucky to have him. Jump on those skybet odds whilst you still can.

p.s for avoidance of doubt, he's lightyears ahead of Winks already. He's stronger, reads the game better, and controls the pitch better. No comparison.

Back
Top Bottom