Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dueb119XcAIKiV_.jpg

There is one thing playing a Burnley team that had no ambition and another playing a top 6 side. He should be allowed to build up his experience, and confidence against lesser teams and not plunged into tougher matches and risk major mistakes like KWP against Barcelona. This is as much for his development than for the good of the side.

Always a pleasure to see an academy boy make it to the first team for the first time. A great sense of excitement and hope - he passed the test today. Very assured in possession, seemed at ease with the situation. I liked that performance and his after match comments show how happy he is and so he should be. Well played young man.

Spot the difference between Winks, Skipp, Kane, KWP, Edwards and Onomah.

Four of those are Spurs fans, in and around the first team, get chances.

Two of them aren't, didn't work hard enough to stay around the Spurs team and have been shafted out on loan. I guess you have that extra impetus to work hard to play for your boyhood club as opposed to someone who just plays football for a living.

Also probably the main difference between Mason and Bentaleb too after both were first team central midfielders in 2014.

That's not saying that you HAVE to be a Spurs fan to succeed as an academy player, I imagine over half of our academy players don't support the club but I can see how you can take your eye of the ball or lack the desire to want to make it in Tottenhams first team when other youngsters are showing that there is life outside of England etc. - whereas if you ARE a Spurs fan, you're willing to be a bit more lenient when it comes to not getting chances (KWP's case) and continue to work hard for your chance and not want to leave

Last edited:
Spot the difference between Winks, Skipp, Kane, KWP, Edwards and Onomah.

Four of those are Spurs fans, in and around the first team, get chances.

Two of them aren't, didn't work hard enough to stay around the Spurs team and have been shafted out on loan. I guess you have that extra impetus to work hard to play for your boyhood club as opposed to someone who just plays football for a living.

Also probably the main difference between Mason and Bentaleb too after both were first team central midfielders in 2014.

That's not saying that you HAVE to be a Spurs fan to succeed as an academy player, I imagine over half of our academy players don't support the club but I can see how you can take your eye of the ball or lack the desire to want to make it in Tottenhams first team when other youngsters are showing that there is life outside of England etc. - whereas if you ARE a Spurs fan, you're willing to be a bit more lenient when it comes to not getting chances (KWP's case) and continue to work hard for your chance and not want to leave

I think that's pretty tenuous Totti. I'm not sure Kane was a "Spurs" fan as a kid and I don't really care. Townsend was Spurs through and through, but was happy to see him moved on. I just want the best players.

I'm pretty sure Onomah would have given anything to be given more than the 20 minutes of game time he got in his last couple of years, he certainly never lacked effort or attitude.

Back
Top Bottom