Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only 12 pages for a player that looks to have potential and has actually played for the first team. Elsewhere 50 pages for a player that whilst has potential due to behaviour issues is unlikely to ever get into the first team. Let's give him time to develope and expect bad days.

To be fair, he’s only had a thread since July and a handful of appearances, albeit composed. Expect shitloads of pages when an extended run in the team yields mistakes, errors leading to goals, sideways passes and a lack of goals.

To be fair, he’s only had a thread since July and a handful of appearances, albeit composed. Expect shitloads of pages when an extended run in the team yields mistakes, errors leading to goals, sideways passes and a lack of goals.

I was as much criticising seeing a thread keep appearing and having 50 pages for a player on loan that in my opinion has been discarded and will never get in our first team squad. Whilst very different players there is no comparison on the potential of the 2 players to Tottenham. Skipp wins hands down.

Only 12 pages for a player that looks to have potential and has actually played for the first team. Elsewhere 50 pages for a player that whilst has potential due to behaviour issues is unlikely to ever get into the first team. Let's give him time to develope and expect bad days.
Well Edwards has had a thread for 2.5 years longer than Skipp, no need to jump aboard the outrage train just yet.

Kid impressed the shit out of me. I thought that Burnley debut was as impressive a debut as Ive seen from any of our academy players, Friday night just reinforced that massively.

Kids got the lot for his position, tenacity, technique, composure and a football brain.

Got to be starting more games now.

Kid impressed the shit out of me. I thought that Burnley debut was as impressive a debut as Ive seen from any of our academy players, Friday night just reinforced that massively.

Kids got the lot for his position, tenacity, technique, composure and a football brain.

Got to be starting more games now.

Absolutely loved his desire in the second half to win a ball back after he had lost it.

There was a club statement about 3 years ago, from Levy at the end of the season where he outlined our targets and mentioned the stadium etc and plans for the future.
In it he mentioned that we wanted to instill loyalty and longevity into the squad and we would be integrating lots of youth over the years and that was the idea behind the academy.

Ever wondered why Kane is determined to win stuff here, where as others are happier jumping ship.....?

The main problem is too many don’t listen to what the policy is about, or disregard it as being cheap and not caring about the fans or the club.

We had five academy on v Tranmere.
Let’s see how many of them end up playing for us in the PL, compared to the kids at City and Chelsea and Woolwich etc.
Giving Skip our full backing is not caring about the club, but loaning him out to Swansea for 6 years and buying Barkley for 50M is?

I really hope people (our fans) can just start to wholeheartedly embrace Spurs, and take pride in what we’re doing instead of snide remarks all the time and demands.

Sadly I doubt it, because as I hear every single day of the week, “we need to sign better”

Shame

There was a club statement about 3 years ago, from Levy at the end of the season where he outlined our targets and mentioned the stadium etc and plans for the future.
In it he mentioned that we wanted to instill loyalty and longevity into the squad and we would be integrating lots of youth over the years and that was the idea behind the academy.

Ever wondered why Kane is determined to win stuff here, where as others are happier jumping ship.....?

The main problem is too many don’t listen to what the policy is about, or disregard it as being cheap and not caring about the fans or the club.

We had five academy on v Tranmere.
Let’s see how many of them end up playing for us in the PL, compared to the kids at City and Chelsea and Woolwich etc.
Giving Skip our full backing is not caring about the club, but loaning him out to Swansea for 6 years and buying Barkley for 50M is?

I really hope people (our fans) can just start to wholeheartedly embrace Spurs, and take pride in what we’re doing instead of snide remarks all the time and demands.

Sadly I doubt it, because as I hear every single day of the week, “we need to sign better”

Shame
But, but that would entail fans listening to the words of what the club and Manager actually say. It will never catch on.

Needs to improve physically. He needs to eat many steaks and hit the weight room.
Not sure if you're being tongue in cheek here but this is what I usually say about kids like KWP.
Skipp is quite strong for someone just turned 18 and he will only get stronger with age. In a year or two he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Being brought on when we're looking to see out a 1-0 lead in a semi-final. Poch trusts the lad. Ok - it was only a 5 minute cameo, but still, I think it's a great statement. Let's hope we see more of him over the next weeks.

oliver-skipp-of-tottenham-hotspur-tackles-eden-hazard-of-chelsea-the-picture-id1079389830

In all competitions this season he's played a part in 16 games for both Senior & U23. His record in the games involved in is:

Played 16 Won 13 Drawn 1 Lost 2

His record for the senior team in games involved in is:

Played 8 Won 8

Not a bad way to start your Spurs career when you're still doing your A-Levels

In all competitions this season he's played a part in 16 games for both Senior & U23. His record in the games involved in is:

Played 16 Won 13 Drawn 1 Lost 2

His record for the senior team in games involved in is:

Played 8 Won 8

Not a bad way to start your Spurs career when you're still doing your A-Levels
Delighted that he gets a medal when we win the league

Back
Top Bottom